What wiring changes will be required for Hopper 3

Which explains why a lot of techs don't know what they are doing. :D

Trust me I have them all here. The 2.0 (or CR) works fine with the Hopper and Hopper with Sling.
With the release of the new Hopper 3 receiver, DISH has also developed a new Joey, named Joey 2.0, to ensure the best customer experience with this newer receiver. It is required that all technicians use the Joey 2.0 when installing Hopper 3 systems. The Joey 2.0 will pack out with the new 52.0 remote, but may also operate with the 40.0 remote.

• Joey 2.0s will be required for installations with Hopper 3
  • Joey 2.0 will not support 4K content
  • Technicians will easily be able to distinguish the Joey 1.0s and Joey 2.0s by the Contents and Features label and the part numbers on the Joeys, although though they are identical in design
  • Joey 2.0s will be installed the same way as Joey 1.0s
What I Need to Do
Joey 2.0s will be installed the same way and appear identical as Joey 1.0s. However, it is crucial to know which Joey is compatible with which receiver.

• Joey 2.0 is not compatible with all Hoppers as they are not in the same receiver family as Joey 1.0. As always, it is best to complete the installation based on what is listed on the work order. Compatibility is as follows:
    • Hopper 3
      • Must be installed with Joey 2.0. Joey 1.0 is not compatible
    • Hopper w/ Sling
      • Joey 1.0 is preferred and will appear on all Hopper w/ Sling work orders
      • Joey 2.0 is compatible, but will require a WO Modification in order to activate on a Hopper w/ Sling account
    • Hopper 2K
      • Joey 2.0 is not compatible with Hopper 2K
        Joey 2.0 Joey 1.0
        Hopper 3. Required N/A
        Hopper w/ Sling Available1 Required
        Hopper 2K N/A Required
        1 Requires Work Order Modification

Interesting the "Doctor" has been a member for 3 days, and knows tons more than Scott, that met with Vivek, and Charlie at CES and had in depth conversations about the abilities of the Hopper 3.
Continue to doubt but I have first hand knowledge from the field and training materials. And below is my first post on this forum. I know what I'm talking about. It is my job.
Hello all, long time lurker and dish technician here. The hopper 3 will require the dish pro hybrid lnb on a 1000.2 dish. Eastern and western arcs are currently being deployed and BOTH have ports for a wing dish. It's a single line system for the hopper family. That being said, one line for one hopper with up to 3 joeys or two lines for two hoppers and joeys. If you have a hws with a sj it's now a 2 line system as well. As far as the hopper 3 goes, it's the same installation process as the previous hoppers on the dph system. As for a wireless 4k Joey, I haven't heard anything down the pipework yet. Personally I'm doubtful since wireless joeys are unreliable with signal strength depending on layout and placement of the access point.

Reactions: TheKrell
There will be a new joey. Joey2.0 will work on the h3 and hws but not h2k. The joey1.0 can't work on the h3.
So I bought a J1. And if I go to H3 it's useless? Not sure I could even sell it.

Not sure I'm buying it, either

I can (and do, and have for years) installed DBS, Ku, and C-Band equipment, not for a living, so I guess I could be considered a "technician" too then. Didn't know it was such a highly respected profession. ;)

Not saying anyone is right or wrong here. However Scott gets his info straight from the top. Him and Charlie are on a 1st name basis as well.

There is a long chain of command at dish and info is subject to change as it works its way down the line.

Not saying anyone is right or wrong here. However Scott gets his info straight from the top. Him and Charlie are on a 1st name basis as well.

There is a long chain of command at dish and info is subject to change as it works its way down the line.
It could, you are correct. As is stands with the current training materials and forum discussions at dish the info provided is correct. If they change I will retract my statement with updated material.

Scott and others here have info that can't be shared. If he says Joey1's work on the H3 then you can take that to the bank. I have personally used a Joey2 with a H2K and it worked just fine so I know for a fact that part of the handout is BS. Unfortunately the Dish techs are often provided with bad info and they tend to spread it.

Reactions: osu1991
so does that mean when i have the new hopper 3 installed i will be getting a new joey 2 also i wanted to know?

The Joey 2 is NOT new. It's been out for 1-1/2+ years. This is not secret info either - it was announced by Dish.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)