What would be next upgrade OTA after the Winegard II

theman

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 2, 2004
First wondering if everyone is having problems with OTA breaking up since new download .Also would the next OTA be the rather large one to improve the Winegard. thanks

I am not having problems since the download (because I have never gotten a signal on OTA ;) ), but I am up for an antenna upgrade. I have the Winegard Sensar II but it does not work for me, I am scheduled to get the Winegard SquareShooter. From what I have read on the internet it looks like a pretty good antenna. It is not very big at all from what I can tell, just looks like a square. I do not know if that is the standard upgrade after the Sensar but it is what I am supposed to get, might want to read up about it.

kaw

I talked to the teck from Wingard and he says that the square shooter is not a good antenna, I repaeat not a good antenna.. I have the amplified Wingard sensor 2 and I get all my channels except one at 47 miles away and my antenna is only 20' high up..

If your local channels from your closest town are in UHF then I woud get ride of the Wingard sensor two and the diplexor that is on the back of your Voom box, and buy yourself a Channel master 7777 preamp and a Yagi type uhf antenna, here is two good long range antennas, XG91 and 43xg www.antennadirect.com sells the preamp and the antennas and they have a good return policy..

Always remember a good clear line of site for the antenna will help you a ton..Cya Slick

PS.. I forgot that most HD channels are broadcasted in the UHF bandwidth so you will get all your channels 2 thru 62 depending if they are broadcasting in HD.. Here in Detroit all are on the UHF bandwidth.. I hope this help

Slick said:
PS.. I forgot that most HD channels are broadcasted in the UHF bandwidth so you will get all your channels 2 thru 62 depending if they are broadcasting in HD.. Here in Detroit all are on the UHF bandwidth.. I hope this help

VHF is 2-13
UHF is 14-69

DTV is UHF in all three DMAs I am receiving and both of my antennas are UHF. However, when making your antenna selection please remember that at some time in the future (post analog--->digital conversion) your local broadcasters will required to return one of their RFs back to the FCC. I have already been told by two local broadcasters they will return their UHF channel and retain their VHF channel - big savings on the monthly electric bill!

Anyway, I don't see this happening until 2008 at the earliest. VOOM may be using WM11 and offering HD locals by that time or they may be out of business - only time will tell. :confused:

Thanks everyone for your help.Iwill do so more rearch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts