what would be the best antenna for my area

toddspolaris

Original poster
Apr 3, 2013
Lima Oh
I asked the question yesterday about getting my local stations up in northeren mi on my dish satelite. I live near lima OH and take my box up with me but I run out of my spot beam area for local cbs, nbc and what not stations. So I guess I come to the conclusion it might be simpler to put up a vhf antenna to pick up the locals. My location is between Luzerne MI and Rose city MI and I'm out in the Huron National forest, So I have lots of trees around me. I have cleared off a great portion of trees off my property. What would be the best antenna to use for this aplication, And do you think I'd have to go taller the 18ft? Thanks for any input. Todd

I asked the question yesterday about getting my local stations up in northeren mi on my dish satelite. I live near lima OH and take my box up with me but I run out of my spot beam area for local cbs, nbc and what not stations. So I guess I come to the conclusion it might be simpler to put up a vhf antenna to pick up the locals. My location is between Luzerne MI and Rose city MI and I'm out in the Huron National forest, So I have lots of trees around me. I have cleared off a great portion of trees off my property. What would be the best antenna to use for this aplication, And do you think I'd have to go taller the 18ft? Thanks for any input. Todd

As I posted in your original question seeing both the CBS broadcasters use high VHF and the furthest network is 60 miles or less I suggest an Antennacraft HBU44 rated for 80 miles or for a little more margin the HBU55 rated for 100 miles. Solid Signal sells the HBU44 for $52.99 and the 55 for $79.99. I don't understand the 18' that is an odd height I used 15' on TV fool when I ran your zip code all your signals were 2 edge so they may be hard to get.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)