What would cause transponder to go like 0-80-0

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Carbon

Original poster
Feb 26, 2006
Just like that title says I have a problem where transponder 1 has a signal of 80 2 has 0? Whats going on?

Some of the transponders are local spotbeams (though I do not think 2 on 101 is one of them), spotbeams would show up as 0 on some of them depending where you are, what are the actual signals you are getting on all 32 xponders, is it just a few on 0 or every other one, if so, do you have a external multiswitch? it may be goiung bad.

Last edited:
Maybe something blowing in and out of the dish's LoS, or the dish "wobbling" in the wind, but I would assume that would be on more than just one tps. Just throwing out ideas.

Ok here is a break down of everything.

18" x 24" Oval with all 3 lbs. Sat C being used as of today (more on that below)

on the dish all of the lnbs are connected and have been for 3 years into a channel master SAM4402 multiswitch.

2 output lines are used on the channel master muliswitch to run the signal into the basement where there is a Perfect Vision PVMS8ED (which was installed by D about 5 months ago when I added 3 rec. the intial setup had only 2)

Now to the transponders:

Sat 101/Tuner 1: Transponders 1-16 range between a signal of 94-100

Sat 110/Tuner 1: Transponders 8-12 range between a signal of 91-9100

Sat 119/Tuner 1: Transponders 17-32 range between a signal of 91-98

Now when I swtich the tuner to number 2

Sat 101/119 Tuner 2: Transponders 1-16 range between a signal of 0, 84, 0, 84 the same for all transponders.

Sat 110 Tuner 2: 0 , 0 , 0

I should mentiont that I was installing a HR20 today and I was having trouble with my hd coming in hence me looking around and fiddling with everything. The HR20 replaced a old philips dual tuner tivo so all I did is disconnect the old one and put the new one in.

Check...

The output of the receiver and make sure it is outputing voltage when it's checking transponders. My guess would be input 2 isn't outputting 18v, just 13v based on you not getting anything on the 110. If that is the case, time for a new receiver. If it is putting out 18v (as well as 13v depending on transponder) then swap cables (run 1st cable into 2, 2nd cable into 1) if it followes the cable it's time to replace it, if it doesn't then replace the receiver.

WTT

Well after 6 hours of trying everything I could think of including calling D*. So after all that come to find out that tuner 2 is dead on my new reciver. So WTT0001 you were right.

When I setup my new HR20 receiver I accidently placed the wire running in from the satelite to tuner #2 and not tuner #1. I received a 0 for each even numbered transponder. I actually got 2 HR20s but the bedroom upstairs only has one cable tun instead of two since I will not typically record. Anyway maybe check that out b/c when I switched it everything was cool.

lbostons

I tried switching the cables and the tuner 2 still shows 0, 80, 0, 80, 0, 80.

I'm having the same problem on an HR20, the other two receivers work fine (one of which is an HR20).

I called support and they are sending me another HR20 to replace it, hopefully it is just a bad tuner in the unit. My install took 8+ hours, I really hope nothing else is wrong!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)