What would I need?

netbent

Original poster
Feb 19, 2012
United States
I'm new to dish network but I have it out in my shop and was wondering what I would need to make it so I have two tvs down in my shop on the same channel and than have another tv above the shop able to be on its on channels separate from the bottom two.

Thank your very much for any info

The two tvs in my shop downstairs are HD they would just be playing the same channel. The one up stairs is just a small SD tv I use this room for when friends come to visit they can just stay up there.

You need a 722 receiver. It has two outputs, one HD and one SD. The SD can be for your upstairs TV and you can watch channels separate from the HD output. In the shop you need a "One into two" HDMI connector so you have two outputs, then you need a long enough HDMI cable for each TV. (Two cables) What I am not sure of, there is also a component out that can be used, I am not sure both the HDMI and component are active at the same time, if they are that is another option one TV downstairs connected by the HDMI and one by the component output.

Oh alright guess I will be calling up dish to order that box than I figured thats what I would need just wanted to make sure before I ordered.

netbent said:
Also instead of a 722k would a 222k work I dont really need the DVR out in my shop

Just tell the tech your plan. Mirrored tvs usually will cost ya mire to set up if you go thru CSR, but if you just set up with a 222k for 2 rooms the tech should be able to tell you how to get your second tv in your shop to be mirrored without having to pay dish the mirror fee. Although it may be worth the extra to have it all done at once.

Or wait until March 15th and get 1 Hopper and 1 joey but connecting an HDMI splitter to the Hopper.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner
If he wants to pay $11/month more over a single 722, or $17 more over a single 222k. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)