What "ZK" status of 922 mean ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Smith P.

On Vacation
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
Bay Area, CA
Just start play with the 922 and got a few questions.

I saw "US" status in posts here - how many values of the status field exists and what all of them means ? US - use ?, ZK - zero knowledge ?

What that 4 digits position means ? Could be translataing to degree of WL ?
If no C-band dish here, could I point Ku dish to some Ku sats to populate a guide ?
What Ku sat/tpn would be easiest to do just basic check of the receiver ?

how come you didnt use the search? ;)

just giving ya crap..I know that 2 letter words it doesnt find

ZK is basically the DCII meaning of free to air. The channels will come in
FP usually is free but you need a sub to something. There are some channels that I cant get since I dont have a sub that would be kinda nice tgo get as free (like American Life TV)

and that ZK status show when no sat connection at all

should I try any Ku sat where I can see DC2 channels ?
What 922 sat name could be used as generic map - X4 ? or the 922 "sats" are tighted to particular sats ?
I'm try to settle correlation between DVB tables and the 4DTV definitions.

and that ZK status show when no sat connection at all
correct. The 4DTV's show if its zero key or whatnot regardless if there is a signal. I've learned on the 4DTV to check qulaity via ebno #
option 6-0-5 right arrow to diagnostic C. There will be a number in the right corner. The higher the number the better the signal quality. We kinda got on the topic when someone was looking for a 4DTV..post 19 has the info
http://www.satelliteguys.us/c-band-satellite-discussion/173516-looking-4dtv-reciver-cheap.html

should I try any Ku sat where I can see DC2 channels ?
see above for the KU channel

What 922 sat name could be used as generic map - X4 ? or the 922 "sats" are tighted to particular sats ?
the C ones (CA, CB, CC, CD, CE) are generics but they are set to fixed frequencies. The best thing to do (if I remember right dont you have C-Band?) is to move the dish to a premium movie mux (I use G5 100 at 125W) and let it download the channel maps. Takes about 10 minutes to download them and sadly you dont know when its done. I knew when they added W5 (105W) for the Hits2Home stuff how long it took.

I'm try to settle correlation between DVB tables and the 4DTV definitions.

Here is the list of the arc with the 4DTV titles and the satellite spot
Free to Air MPEG-2 Channel Guide

I think I should dig into RS232 connector - perhaps could be seen there some internal debug messages telling what's going on during that long acquisitions.

from the archives:

Smith - while looking for info on your RS232 connector, I came across this 4DTV web site.
Hope it's of some use.

What I was trying to remember, was a program called 4play, for use with 4DTV receivers.
It is described in the wiki, above.
Where I found it originally, was near the bottom of the TSreader web site.
It no longer seems to be there, but if it's of use, you might want to hunt it down.

The RS 232 connector is to hook up the HDD 200 HD decoder. It's not like on a FTA receiver. Too bad then we could do our own channel maps easy.

I did trace DB9 pins: 2 and 3 going to normal RS232/TTL converter chip, but HDD-200 using only pins 4 and 9 for high speed serial connection by other IC. Totally different circuits. To connect RS232 RX/TX pins to your PC you'll need null-modem serial cable.

Another question - is there sat/freq table exist for 922 ? Iceberg mentioned "fixed frequencies" for some Cx slots of the 922.

More questions comes up :)

- would be removing VCRS good thing if there no provision to use it anymore ? Less heat, less electicity.

you can remove the VCII box in it...no use for it really. I think only Weather channel is still up there in analog

Thanks, we getting more and more ...

Now technical q about HW:
- my box missing front panel bottom left cover - see first pictures, there is a connector - what it for ?

Checking how to manage a batery replacement - last picture: I found 5th [+] and 6th contact [-] of edge connector are connected to the battery, so if you will solder two wires there (gently) and will connect backup battery (2.0V to 3.6V by spec of that static RAM [U4] what holding all registration data), then you will have plenty time to play with BAT1 by desoldering/soldering new.

Attachments

• Photo_051309_001.jpg
    Photo_051309_001.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 201
  • Photo_051309_002.jpg
    Photo_051309_002.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 197
  • Photo_051309_003.jpg
    Photo_051309_003.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 193
  • Photo_051309_004.jpg
    Photo_051309_004.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 194
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)