Whats D* doing anytime soon?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Alvarez

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 19, 2004
Brownsburg, IN
I heard E* added 10 of the VooM channels and you just hook the voom satellite into the splitter and the channels will show on the grid then have E* turn it on.

What is D* doing anytime soon? I know they will eventually trump E* with the new satellites but how long till we see anything besides local channels that have no bearing on us anyways? (except the locals in our area heh)

I'm sure you will get the usual response...I think the key word here is "soon". Probably not a whole lot. I for one am exhausted over the wait for some more HD especially ESPN2 and TNT. Now all I hear about is the downrezzing and I am not certain I know what that means. But once again...with the NFL Season Ticket being an exclusive to D* I'm not going anywhere. :yes

E* sells just the HD pack by itself so I am tempted to go buy a cheap E* receiver and use my old Voom satellite that is still hooked up and add some more HD to hold me over... otherwise I will bolt and come back to D* later on when they finally actually have HD. This HD lite and only a handfull of channels is driving me crazy.

I was hoping to hear something will be added soon, and they were going to be switching satellites and receivers soon.

Alvarez said:
E* sells just the HD pack by itself so I am tempted to go buy a cheap E* receiver and use my old Voom satellite that is still hooked up and add some more HD to hold me over... otherwise I will bolt and come back to D* later on when they finally actually have HD. This HD lite and only a handfull of channels is driving me crazy.

I was hoping to hear something will be added soon, and they were going to be switching satellites and receivers soon.

Be careful what you do though, E* doesn't carry any of the major affliates for the major markets except CBS. Charlie's official tag line is no compelling content which is total bullsh*t!!!!!!! That bast*rd has enough space on the wing sats for the last year to start the incorporation, but simply has been too cheap. I strongly recommend you wait till the fall for D*. :cool:

ocnier said:
Be careful what you do though, E* doesn't carry any of the major affliates for the major markets except CBS. Charlie's official tag line is no compelling content which is total bullsh*t!!!!!!! That bast*rd has enough space on the wing sats for the last year to start the incorporation, but simply has been too cheap. I strongly recommend you wait till the fall for D*. :cool:

I am not talkin about dropping D* only picking up the voom channels because I have a dish pointed already to 62.5 (i once was a voomer and went D* and never took the dish down) then calling up E* and having them turn on the HD pack. between the ebayed E* box and my D* box I will have alot of HD till D* gets off their rump.

Also beings it is mainly 10 channels pumped through 62.5 they are broadcasting all 10 Voom channels at full bandwidth HD.

Its just an idea I have been throwing around. I wasn't gonna do it if D* was gonna do something here soon.

Alvarez said:
I heard E* added 10 of the VooM channels and you just hook the voom satellite into the splitter and the channels will show on the grid then have E* turn it on.

What is D* doing anytime soon? I know they will eventually trump E* with the new satellites but how long till we see anything besides local channels that have no bearing on us anyways? (except the locals in our area heh)

Try going here for some possible info.

now thats what I wanted to hear :) I will wait then if this announcement proves to have some backing.

Longhorn usually tends to be right on these things though :)

And here's another link to a Longhorn post about exciting things coming down the pike sometime regarding a new server DVR. We just don't really know exactly when yet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)