Whats happening? And when will I know IT?

Parlyle

Pub Member/Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 16, 2004
West Central Wisconsin
I know that various threads have darted around this question, but I just want to know what to do. I am planning to put up another dish to take advantage of the new HD channels, but am in a quandry as to where I should take aim it? There is a lot of talk of E* moving this and that to here and there, but for the sake of some of us who don't quite know the in's and out's of the satellite business, please give us a sign! I also am planning to take the plunge and get a 942 in the near future. I already have a Dish 500 with a DP-Quad going to an 811, that feeds a Mitsubishi 52725, and a 510 in one room, and a 508 in our Family room. I have one lead that is idle at the moment. So, the hardware is partially done, now comes the addition of another dish. But Where do I go? :confused:
Lyle

Right now: The 61.5

Will they mirror on the 148, or move it to the 110?: Unknown at this time. When we know, you will know.

They will probably move the V* channels to the 110 when they start the MPEG4 changeover. However, they will probably keep the V* channels at the 61.5 UNTIL all the HD receiver have been replaced.

So, in short, if you want the V* channels now or in the forseeable future, the 61.5 is the ONLY game in town.

I dunno about the moving to 110 once mpg 4 hits, with the legislation they may opt to pull the hd chans off to the wing bird and just put all the locals on the 110 spot. If you think about it it would allow e* to charge the extra hundred dollars because they know if you want hd badly enough your going to pay it and once mpg 4 hits I would continue seeing it on 110. HD unfortunately is not compelling enough content to have the 11.25 million customers up and giddy over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)