What's happening with the Sat Launch?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I've got to tell ya', this is hysterical.

They've got an anchor desk with two reporters, I'm waiting for the Kazhakstan dancing girls to surround the launch pad and start twirling their pom-poms.

I wonder if they have a script ready in case the thing blows up at launch. :eek:

I've got to tell ya', this is hysterical.

They've got an anchor desk with two reporters, I'm waiting for the Kazhakstan dancing girls to surround the launch pad and start twirling their pom-poms.

I wonder if they have a script ready in case the thing blows up at launch. :eek:

All ILS Launches are like this... :D

Watch enough rocket launches and you'll find each different provider has a different, and sometimes unusual webcast. ILS is probably up there, but ULA is quite interesting too...and they're in the US!

ArianeSpace is interesting if you understand French.

Last edited:
Watching that thing go up I feel like Raymond Massey at the end of "Things to Come". Even though I've got my issues with Charlie, I feel like saying: "take THAT, D* m***** f******". But I won't.

Screenshots...

Attachments

• AMC14.JPG
    AMC14.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 888
  • AMC14a.JPG
    AMC14a.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 906
  • AMC14b.JPG
    AMC14b.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 814
  • AMC14c.JPG
    AMC14c.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 723
  • AMC14d.JPG
    AMC14d.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 760
  • AMC14e.JPG
    AMC14e.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 943
I hope early April, but Scott is right it won't be for a few more weeks. They have to get it there and do lots of testing.

Can someone explain this... AMC14 Satellite Use:
Advanced Broadcast Satellite Service satellite for SES AMERICOM’S AMERICOM2Home® customer, EchoStar’s DISH Network direct-to-home entertainment service, covering all 50 United States. Since it will be at 61.5 and since the west coast has problems getting 61.5, what does this mean to people who use 129? I don't understand the statement.

They only have problems getting 61.5 because of LOS issues because of a lower altitude. However, the satellite still covers all 50 states and anyone with LOS can get signal just fine.

Can someone explain this... AMC14 Satellite Use:
Advanced Broadcast Satellite Service satellite for SES AMERICOM’S AMERICOM2Home® customer, EchoStar’s DISH Network direct-to-home entertainment service, covering all 50 United States. Since it will be at 61.5 and since the west coast has problems getting 61.5, what does this mean to people who use 129? I don't understand the statement.

Last year when I upgraded to the 722 DVR a Dish Service manager stated I will need to have 129 for all future programing. I had to have my old 61.5 dish repointed to 129.
Now I wonder if for the west coast, will 61.5 be mirrored on 129 ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)