Whats in store for the Next Round?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jgags6

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Rockford,IL
So now that we got Starz HD, NFL HD, HGTV HD, and NGC HD whats in store for the next round. I read that Scott said that they were going to add a couple of channels at a time so what would they be. I hope MHD, FOOD HD, and Outdoor Network 2 HD. What do you guys think?

Other than INHD & INHD2 (not gonna happen) and my RSN in HD, the other HD channels are of no significants to me. More HD channels are always nice, but I would rather see E* focus on improving quality over the next three months: resolve encoder issues, solve bandwidth issues, solve VOOM-Lite, fix a growing number of bugs in their ViP receivers.

If I had to guess, I think E* will add three additional HD channels to the DishHD lineup later this summer: FoodHD, CinemaxHD, and perhaps MHD (if they price is right) or WealthTV, and several RSN HD channels on spotbeam.

FoodHD, MHD, and Outdoor Channel 2 HD would be perfect additions. Just make it that everybody with the Bronze package can receive these additional channels.

I imagine we'll see Food HD, MHD, and Sleuth HD, with possibly Cinemax HD thrown in for premium subs.

That would actually make for a pretty decent HD lineup. I'd love to see Outdoor Channel 2 HD, but for some reason it just doesn't seem like Dish is interested. Odd, since I seem to recall that Outdoor Channel was first available only on Dish Network, and as a premium channel on top of that (like 2.99 a month extra).

I met with the Outdoor channel and I also saw a nice demo of their HD channel. The video is breath taking, out of the missing HD channels I want this one the most.

Hopefully they insist on Hd Bronze placement. Outdoor channel is in gold, but outdoor channel 2 is NOT a simulcast, so dish can't really go with that excuse

ok here how it is going to work with the new HD channels.

Lets say that MTV HD is added, all the folks who subscribe to the package with HD and regular HBO will get MTV HD.

If its a new channel and they have no SD version of that channel it will be be part of the HD package (Although I dont see this happening)

Scott Greczkowski said:

Lets say that MTV HD is added, all the folks who subscribe to the package with HD and regular HBO will get MTV HD.

If its a new channel and they have no SD version of that channel it will be be part of the HD package (Although I dont see this happening)

Scott, you confused me, what does HBO have to do with getting MTV?

Scott Greczkowski said:

I take it that's a typo, as HBO is a completely different distributor than MTV. Here's my concern...MHD is a completely different channel than MTV, different programming, different schedule, like Discovery HD Theater. So, will they still require you to have the package containing MTV in order to get MHD?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)