Whats My Problem?!?!

maussimo010

Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
thanks to anyone who reads and or helps:

Dish Network, dish 500
Front room Receiver: 3900 upgraded
bedroom receiver: 2700/3700/2800

i lost my 110 channels last night, sunday the 29th, and thought it was inclement weather.
I only lost signal in the bedroom, not to the front room
next day they still arent back yet.
i check my switch cable going to my room, as sometime humidity causes the connection to corrode, and it was grimy, so i cut off bad cable and put new end on it, then reattached it.
still no 110.
ran a switch check, and this is what i came up with:
Input: 1 1 2 2
Satellite: 119 119 110 X
Polarity: Odd Odd Odd X

Status Problem detected, check connections

any other info as to what this means and how to fix is tremendously appreciated, and if u need more info, please let me know
i am also hopin to not get answers like, u have a bad switch, replace it...u have a bad cable/receiver...replace it...this has happened on occasion before, but was so long ago i forgot what i did to fix it...

thanks again so much, scott... please reply here or in private at skawalker@gmail.com

i have a twin, as far as i can tell...they share a housing together from dish 500, not something aftermarket i guess u would say

take and swap the receivers. If the "bad" receiver does the same thing on the other line, then its the receiver. That's easy enough :)

If it isn't, it could be a bad cable line or even a bad LNB.

I would try swapping the receivers and see what happens

"i check my switch cable going to my room, as sometime humidity causes the connection to corrode, and it was grimy, so i cut off bad cable and put new end on it, then reattached it."

You may also want to run new cable, if you are having corrosion problems. Moisture can travel up the wire, and damage the cable, but not be visible at the end connection. You do need to water proof the connection so moisture is not a problem.

Al

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)