whats on sat129

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Currently, There is NOTHING on the 129 for E*. Since the 129 has a low line of sight on the east cpast, it would be stupid for E* to do that. Since they have only applied to use 16 of the 32 transponders, and the fact that they only applied for 1 million subs on that location, the odds are that they are going to use it for anything but locals, whether analog or digital, is very small.

larrystotler said:
Currently, There is NOTHING on the 129 for E*. Since the 129 has a low line of sight on the east cpast, it would be stupid for E* to do that. Since they have only applied to use 16 of the 32 transponders, and the fact that they only applied for 1 million subs on that location, the odds are that they are going to use it for anything but locals, whether analog or digital, is very small.

The 16 transponders (TPs) is the minimum that Dish would get if the FCC approves the deal/move. There is a high probability that Dish would get many more TPs than that based on my interpretation of the agreement with the Canadian government and the practical use of the 129 W location in Canada i.e., the farther north you go, the lower line of sight one has so a good portion of the eastern part of Canada would not have a good line of sight for 129 W. The 1 million subs can be easily increased with another application to the FCC.

larrystotler said:
Perhaps, but National HD should NOT be put on the 129.

I agree that Dish should not put any national programming at 129 W if and when they get approval to use that location. I know this is speculation based on a rumor from Team Summit but if Dish were to move Rainbow-1 (R-1) to 110 W along with E-10 being launched there, R-1 spotbeams could be used to provide the locals currently being provided by E-7 at 119 W. E-7 is then moved to 129 W and its spotbeams are used for locals. E-6 provides all national programming from 119 W with help from either E-5 or E-8. In fact E-7 and E-8 could both be moved to 129 W to provide locals depending on the capabilities of E-10.

i think 129 W is going to be used as a spy satellite byt E*. I believe they intend to use this to do massive QC's on thier DNSC subcontractors to see why it is they keep getting wild complaints from new customers. Yup! That's what I think. :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)