What's so good about InHD & HDNet?

I actually think FOX will become the leader in HD sports as of this Fall when they start doing 6 NFL games a week and MLB postseason, etc.

Can someone please explain to me why there is not that much HD content in the regular sports?

I mean why would companies pour the money for HD into networks that show soccer, skateboarding, sailing, and hang gliding when they could be pouring it into MLB, NBA, NFL and NHL?

I realize that these sports have SOME programs broadcast in HD but why aren't there channels showing 3 or 4 MLB games a week and 2 or 3 NBA games a week in HD?

DBENE said:
Can someone please explain to me why there is not that much HD content in the regular sports?

I mean why would companies pour the money for HD into networks that show soccer, skateboarding, sailing, and hang gliding when they could be pouring it into MLB, NBA, NFL and NHL?

I realize that these sports have SOME programs broadcast in HD but why aren't there channels showing 3 or 4 MLB games a week and 2 or 3 NBA games a week in HD?

The problem is that those that have the equipment to do HD of professional sports don't have the contract rights and those that have the contract rights don't have the enough equipment or don't have the equipment at all to do it. Again it comes down to how much $$$ are you willing to convert your entire operation to HD (assuming you have the contract rights). I expect that next year we'll get more HD MLB since Fox is going HD. This fall Fox will do more Football in HD as well. ABC/ESPN are just cheap because they can be doing more sports in HD but they decide not to do it.

DBENE said:

There are, but they aren't on Voom for the most part except ESPN. ESPN shows some of everything, and have been increasing as they've come along. INHD shows 3 baseball games a week and quite a few NBA games in conjunction with NBA-TV. HDNET shows 2-3 NHL games a week. And there are many RSN's broadcasting all or most of their MLB, NBA, or NHL team's home games. And we're most likely going to get hit with more NFL than you can handle (local OTA or NFL Sunday Ticket on D*). I really can't understand why the service that caters to the HD enthusiast would not have the 2 channels that do the most (24 hours a day) and best HD: HDNet and INHD.

C

DBENE said:
Vurbano,
not being combative here, but if you think Dish is that great why even have VOOM? you can get ESPN HD and all of the Premium HDs on Dish and Discovery and others.

So, basically you have VOOM just for the VOOM exclusives?

I'm sorry but I feel like the Voom exclusives just aren't that damn great. I like Rave and watch Rush occasionally. I would say that less than 15% of my total viewing is on Voom exclusives.....wait is Playboy Voom Exclusive? :)
Seriously, though I did't realize Dish was THAT much better on those channels. If so it would probably be a better fit for me considering I don't watch VOOM exclusives that much anyway.
#1 I dont think Dish is great. their HD offering is as poor as directv's
#2 I dont think the voom exclusives are great. I have voom for the 9 or 10 real HD stations Directv doesnt have. i.e., tnthd, bravohd, encorehd, TMCHD, Cinemax easthd, cinemax west hd, HBO west HD, sho west HD, starz esthd, starz westhd.

Lucky said:
I actually think FOX will become the leader in HD sports as of this Fall when they start doing 6 NFL games a week and MLB postseason, etc.
I think you may be right. I expect big things from FOX.

What a range of answers! This is great. I am glad I started this thread.

Looks like the consensus on the content provided by InHD and HDNet, that's not already available on VaVaVoom, is the extra team sports coverage. The movies and other programming on InHD and HDNet are not all that different.

So I probably would not get much out of InHD or HDNet because I am not a team sports fan. I enjoy the stunt sports on RUSH HD. That's plenty for me.

I guess the only HD I am still missing, that I care about, is PBS and UPN because we can't pick up OTA channels here. :(

Thanks,

madpoet said:
For me personally, I'd just like to have every HD channel that exists available ;)

Yeah, I gotta admit, that would make great bragging rights! :D

It would also leave no argument against getting Voom, and would assure Voom's success. But I am already certain they will make it.

I have to cough every time I hear radio ads that say "cable has the most HD". :shocked

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts