What's so wierd about Starz HD Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gizzer777

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2005
none
Ok, I have had my "New" HDD200 WITHOUT THE STARZ BUG installed for a few weeks.

I have been watching the behaviour of the HDD200 on the G9 channels for HD Starz as well as other HD programing like Discovery HD and of all things...the Wealth channel!

It seems like the HDD200 has to go thru an additional step or 2 to lock in on the Starz HD channels (Getting 70 quality on the 922). Once it locks on, all is well! (I cannot say the HDD200 is the fastest piece of equipment I have ever seen, but it is nice).

Now I am wondering what is up with these channels...why are they different and how could there be a "STARZ BUG" if they are transmitting as the other channels do?
Jeff

gizzer777 said:
Ok, I have had my "New" HDD200 WITHOUT THE STARZ BUG installed for a few weeks.

I have been watching the behaviour of the HDD200 on the G9 channels for HD Starz as well as other HD programing like Discovery HD and of all things...the Wealth channel!

It seems like the HDD200 has to go thru an additional step or 2 to lock in on the Starz HD channels (Getting 70 quality on the 922). Once it locks on, all is well! (I cannot say the HDD200 is the fastest piece of equipment I have ever seen, but it is nice).

Now I am wondering what is up with these channels...why are they different and how could there be a "STARZ BUG" if they are transmitting as the other channels do?
Jeff
I don't know either but my decoder also takes a couple extra steps to lock the channels too.

I think its something with what Starz does to the data stream, it is not the same like other channels, what they do I have no clue but I do no it must be to save bandwidth or something like that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)