Whats the best connection method for my system!?

elite

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 21, 2004
I just got this new panny 53" HDTV (PT53WXD63). I was super excited after seeing OTA programming so I ordered and am getting my VOOM install WED.

The TV has an HDMI input.....so here is my question:

Should I get a HDMI/DVI converted and use that for my VOOM, or does VOOM look pretty good over component? Reason I am asking is because I am super interested in the new Toshiba SD5960 DVD player that has HDMI out, 1080i upscalling. I only have one HDMI in, so I was going to use it for the dvd player. What are you thoughts.....VOOM/component - dvd/HDMI? Or keep my sd4900 (which im not that impressed with) and hook it up dvd/component and VOOM/dvi(hdmi/dvi converter)?

New here....did search a bit...dont kill the newbie :)

Hi Elite, and welcome. I started out with a component connection to a Pioneer 4340, and after 3 months I switched to HDMI by using a DVI/HDMI cable. To tell you the truth, I didn't really notice much difference. Maybe a little--but not a lot. If you go get the DVI/HDMI cable from somewhere like Best Buy, you can try it and see what it does on your TV, and you have 30 days to take it back---no questions asked. Then you can get a cable from one of the internet companies that will be a lot less expensive.

elite,

Both Component and DVI connections look great, though most people prefer DVI over Component. I would experiment with both and see what works best for you. The same for DVD. One more option for you is to look for an HDMI switch (if such thing exists).

Welcome to the forum!

Stone..

I agree. Im thinking that ill get more outta the dvd player true digital at the 1080i upscaled (phoney 480p hehe) because the truth is, over component the voom it 1080 as it is. I think ill try yo get a better picture out of teh dvd since voom HOPEFULLY does well. I head its not to compressed, a true clean signal so we shall see.

Thanks...good call...BB 30 days! :)

Elite

The VOOM box I believe will output to component and DVI simultaneously, so you can just hook it to your set with both component and DVI and switch back and forth between the inputs to see if you can see a difference

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts