whats the best FTA system

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I like the Traxis 3500 and the Fortec Classic NA you can find a review for each in our review area!

I use the Invacom range of LNBF! Best I have EVER used in 20 years!

Winegard make some of the BEST dish out there, 30" or 1m are very well thought of!

If we're going to get in a hissing contest, I'll put in a good word for the Coolsat 5000 and the Pansat 3500s. Between the 2, I like the Pansat just a needle in a haystack better. I have an old Manhattan that's a good receiver, until I got to use Blind Scan and AC-3 Audio. Now it's just a good receiver, while the Coolsat and Pansat are great receivers. I have a Stab HH90 and a Stab HH120, I recommend them both.

Al

The best fta setup? As far as recievers thats kind of like asking which is better, a ford or a chevy. Lots of it is personal preference. On the rest of of the setup some brands such as the winegard dishs, invacom lnbs, and sg 2100 motors that PSB recommended seem to be top of the line.

The best?

How about a 12-14 foot C-band dish with low temperature C & Ku band LNB's and a view of the arc from 58-148. Add on a Motorola 922 4DTV and a DVB receiver (one with Blind scan). Also a fixed C-Band dish at a satellite, a couple 1m KU band dishes at G10, AMC3, SBS6, and IA6, couple more DVB recievers and a couple DBS dishes at 91 & 119 for the audio :D

Honestly, there is no "best" system. Do some reading on the recievers in the review area and see what looks comfortable for you. I have worked with approx 15 DVB recievers and there are good things and bad things of all units.
Dishes...easy. Get the biggest one you can right away. You'll kick yourself the first time you want to keep a stable picture but the dish is too small
LNB's....lots ouot there. Some claim a noise figure thats low and some actually do it. I like the Sadoun & Invacom LNB's
Motors...I personally like the SG2100

as DrHydro said, everyone is goign to tell you something different. Make the decision on what YOU want, not what we say

It really matters on what features that you want: Blind scan, HDTV/4:2:2, analog,C and L, etc.

I will agree with everyone else: Get the largest Dish you can now! Kicking myself for getting a 80cm instead of a 90-120cm.

Also, get a motor. Unless you have mulitple dishes or the smallest LOS known to man, you will regret not being able to move to a different sat when a new channel or feed appears.

Iceberg said:
The best?

How about a 12-14 foot C-band dish with low temperature C & Ku band LNB's and a view of the arc from 58-148. Add on a Motorola 922 4DTV and a DVB receiver (one with Blind scan). Also a fixed C-Band dish at a satellite, a couple 1m KU band dishes at G10, AMC3, SBS6, and IA6, couple more DVB recievers and a couple DBS dishes at 91 & 119 for the audio :D
==========================================================================
Iceberg's quote (out of context) has my vote!!!! My 8 footer with 4DTV also doubles as my FTA dish....I Love it! OH, Ice, you forgot to add a Motorola HDD200 Hi Def decoder for the 4DTV:)

And my yard is BIG enough for a 10+ footer with no HMA!!! Now the bad news is that we have high winds here in Reno!:D My 8 footer has withstood 90+ mph winds during the past 20 yrs!:D

Seriously, it is all a matter of preference. I would gladly give up my Viewsat Extreme for a coolsat 5000....but I had no idea at the time I bought that this forum existed ( I have learned lots from the nice people here)....do not get me wrong...The Extreme works but I would rather have the Coolsat!
Jeff

Jeff

Last edited:
I have the Captiveworks 600s and a Fortec 100cm dish which is heavier than the Winegard(thats good right) and a HH120 Stab Rotor-Motor. I forgot I have the Invacom QPH-031 . I sure dont think its the best but thats what I have:D

After thinking about this after a few beers, I think the best FTA system one could have is one that will make your wife happy,,,,,,,,,, You guys take it from here lol lol

Last edited by a moderator:
i thinking if gettinga 10' dish with 4dtv with pansat 2700a
i dont know i'll just buy anything C band, FTA,

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts