What's the current recommended RF Transmitter/receiver combination

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JimP

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Wetumpka, AL
I just got Dish for the first time and didn't want to bother with running coax in a hot attic, through walls, etc.

So I'm now looking for a RF transmitter to get the signal to my SD TV in the bedroom two rooms away. Two walls and maybe 20ft distance.

Its been a while since anyone has posted on this and I thought I'd pose the question.

Thanks in advance.

Jim, I don't know if its a recommended solution, but I got a pair of Terk Model LF-305 Leapfrogs last year to do what you're wanting to do. I got 'em on Ebay for about $70 as I recall. They work fine until I use the microwave, or my neighbor uses hers. They also co-exist with my wireless network and my wireless landline phones, although they're 5.8 GHz instead of 2.4GHz.

It depends on whether you have cordless land line phone and/or wireless internet.

It's helpful to have the RF transmitter use a frequency not used by either of those.

My long term experience is no matter how high tech, in the long run a wire is more dependable than wireless.;;

I decided to go with the RF-Link AVS-5811 as it seems to be the most robust of the wireless AV type systems. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002EXJ8Y

Till it arrives, I've connected 3 sections of composit cable together and am getting an excellant picture and sound. If wireless doesn't look and sound this good, I may find myself fishing wire down some walls. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)