What's the current recommended RF Transmitter/receiver combination

JimP

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Wetumpka, AL
I just got Dish for the first time and didn't want to bother with running coax in a hot attic, through walls, etc.

So I'm now looking for a RF transmitter to get the signal to my SD TV in the bedroom two rooms away. Two walls and maybe 20ft distance.

Its been a while since anyone has posted on this and I thought I'd pose the question.

Thanks in advance.

Jim, I don't know if its a recommended solution, but I got a pair of Terk Model LF-305 Leapfrogs last year to do what you're wanting to do. I got 'em on Ebay for about $70 as I recall. They work fine until I use the microwave, or my neighbor uses hers. They also co-exist with my wireless network and my wireless landline phones, although they're 5.8 GHz instead of 2.4GHz.

It depends on whether you have cordless land line phone and/or wireless internet.

It's helpful to have the RF transmitter use a frequency not used by either of those.

My long term experience is no matter how high tech, in the long run a wire is more dependable than wireless.;;

I decided to go with the RF-Link AVS-5811 as it seems to be the most robust of the wireless AV type systems. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002EXJ8Y

Till it arrives, I've connected 3 sections of composit cable together and am getting an excellant picture and sound. If wireless doesn't look and sound this good, I may find myself fishing wire down some walls. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts