What’s the deal with Boomerang today?

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
I watched Boomerang a couple times today and the guide shows what seems to be a Tom and Jerry marathon but in reality what plays is really a Captain Planet marathon.

I noticed that as well last night. I thought maybe it was a Dish guide error, but multiple online programming guides (TV Passport, TitanTV, and OnTV Tonight) did not have Captain Planet listed. Maybe they were all using the same wrong source, or something was changed on Boomerang's side. But that was surprising. Captain Planet years ago would be on for 1 hour in the morning, 5-6am central time, but since it was removed from the time, yesterday was the first time I have seen it on Boomerang since.

I remember watching Boomerang when they had stuff like The Amazing Chan and the Chan Clan, The Banana Splits, Fantastic Four, Jonny Quest and Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!

Haven't watched it for years now.

Reactions: pattykay
I watched Boomerang a couple times today and the guide shows what seems to be a Tom and Jerry marathon but in reality what plays is really a Captain Planet marathon.
I was just reading online, and Boomerang has had a tradition of doing Captain Planet marathons on Earth Day. Wikipedia says they did it from 2005-2014 but didn't mention anything of doing it this year.

I remember watching Boomerang when they had stuff like The Amazing Chan and the Chan Clan, The Banana Splits, Fantastic Four, Jonny Quest and Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!

Haven't watched it for years now.
I was a big fan of it years ago when I first finished college in the mid 2000's. I liked the days of Flinstones, Jetsons, Captain Planet, Heathcliff, Richie Rich, Yogi Bear, and Dennis the Menace. A lot of shows that I watched as a kid growing up the 80's and early 90's.

Here's all that's available on Boomerang app. $40/year. Good library. I have a son with Down's (he's 23 now) and he loves this channel. Mainly for Loony Toons and Tom and Jerry.

1619223913057.png

1619223942297.png

Happy for you and your son but once again I'm just saying...why would I want to pay $40 a year for something I'm already paying for on Dish?
For those who don't already have Boomerang in their Dish programming package, that $40 a year would be cheaper than adding an add-on (or upgrading to a higher Dish package) to get Boomerang through Dish. Heck, Welcome Pack runs about $40 per month. So, if Boomerang was the only channel you ever watched on Dish, the $40 a year would be much cheaper than the cheapest Dish package that includes it. I am just saying, there are situations where a subscription to the app makes sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)