What's the deal with Ch. 98?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jammy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
Beaumont, TX
I set my DVR to record a National Geographic HD preview on Channel 98.

When I got home to check, no recording.

What is going on?

Thanks.

i dunno, i've had some problems myself. twice, this week i recorded the show about ferrari's. both times, it recorded twice.......stopped once and rerecorded. i deleted the wrong episode by mistake earlier in the week so i recorded again friday. watched about half the show and the screen went blank.

DirecTV has had trouble with the NGHD Sneaks since the start. The 2 recording problem seems to be the box attempts to record before the channel is broadcasting.

I was able to record the one I tried ...
You have to remember to tell it to record the correct spot, you can't just tell it to record, when it says upcoming, you do need to find the actual time it is being shown.
Don't know if thats the problem for anyone, but thought I'd mention it.

Jimbo

probably after the bird goes up in june.....so late august, early september......fingers and toes crossed!!!

i can't speak for the others, jimbo, but yes i have set my dvr to record when there was an actual program.

I tried it once and got nothing.

For those of you who succeeded... are you using a CE firmware version? I'm wondering whether this is a Showcase event, and only records on units with CE versions supporting Showcase recording.

probably after the bird goes up in june.....so late august, early september......fingers and toes crossed!!!

i can't speak for the others, jimbo, but yes i have set my dvr to record when there was an actual program.

And it has or has not worked for you ?

Jimbo

I tried it once and got nothing.

For those of you who succeeded... are you using a CE firmware version? I'm wondering whether this is a Showcase event, and only records on units with CE versions supporting Showcase recording.

When I was able to record it, I was using a CE version, however I don't think that had anything to do with it.

No it was NOT a Showcase event.

Jimbo

yes, sometimes it has. the last program i taped that i watched in its entirety was about the making of the golden gate bridge!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)