What's the Deal with HD PPV?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Williamhotel

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 14, 2007
Toledo, Ohio
Just curious of why Directv only has one PPV HD channel and that channel is not always on. I checked the schedule and Jackass 2 is on at 2:30 AM. What the heck is wrong with Friday Primetime? Why 2:30 AM EST? Just wondering and I'm kinda new to HDTV. Thanks.

Just curious of why Directv only has one PPV HD channel and that channel is not always on. I checked the schedule and Jackass 2 is on at 2:30 AM. What the heck is wrong with Friday Primetime? Why 2:30 AM EST? Just wondering and I'm kinda new to HDTV. Thanks.
I think the reason is lack of bandwidth. They will probably add more HD PPV once they have the new satellites up and running.

Back on the 'old' days, the PPV's shared the channel with the HD demo and only ran from 11PM central until like 5AM. At least now you can record it on a DVR and watch it when it suites your schedule, if you're lucky to have a DVR.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)