Whats the deal with the CBC?

rkrenicki

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
So, apparently there is a union lockout for the CBC? I thought it odd that they were playing "This Hour has 22 Minutes" instead of the CBC Morning News... although technically news, not exactly the news I expected (then again, I dont watch CBC News, I just put that on until the Red Green Show comes on..

So, basically.. my question is, whats the deal, and why the lockout? I read the website, and it was not overly informative about the details.. just what the CBC offer was.

Yea, I saw the offer, I guess I was wondering what they didnt like about it.. I cant seem to find any information on the position of the union..

until the strike ends

Normally the National is on at 8:00 Central time on CBC Halifax
Then the Nat’l update is on at 9:00 with an hour program after that…so normal sign off is 10:30 Central Time on Mondays…11:30 the rest of the week

But since there is no news, BBC News takes ½ hour and the programs that are normally on after the National are bumped up an hour.

The affiliates (like Thunder Bay, Kamloops,. Prince George) are using syndicated programming during those times.

Iceberg said:
until the strike ends

Normally the National is on at 8:00 Central time on CBC Halifax
Then the Nat’l update is on at 9:00 with an hour program after that…so normal sign off is 10:30 Central Time on Mondays…11:30 the rest of the week

But since there is no news, BBC News takes ½ hour and the programs that are normally on after the National are bumped up an hour.

The affiliates (like Thunder Bay, Kamloops,. Prince George) are using syndicated programming during those times.

thats what i was talking about

AUG. 31, 2005 - CBC AND CMG RESTART TALKS, SIGNIFICANT WORK STILL AHEAD

Still not over...

SEPT. 14, 2005 - TALKS CONTINUE
Meetings between CBC and CMG continued today. As we reported this morning, we formally signed off on the language regarding Corporation Policies, agreed to in principle yesterday. Although there was considerable discussion today, we did not sign off on any additional language. Negotiations will resume tomorrow.

SEPT. 24, 2005 - NEGOTIATIONS CONTINUE
CBC and CMG continued negotiations today, with more discussion on Workforce Adjustment. There will be no bargaining on Sunday, as the parties will be travelling to Ottawa to attend the meeting on Monday with the Minister of Labour. We will keep you posted.

Enough already! I want CBC back!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)