What's the deal?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

--JR--

Original poster
Oct 19, 2004
This post is a little riske but I'll do my best to keep it within the forum rules.

It is my impression that FTA recievers have support for DVB decryption, like the Pansat models and have been known to be pointed at some satellite providers to recieve more then just the DVB encoded channels.

So my question... Is this support obtained from firmware updates to the recievers generally or by hardware modifications?

I've read a number of manufacturers web sites and they flat out say that if you do a firmware update that you void the warrantee on the product even if the firmware is supplied to you by the same manufacturer. Which I find extreemly strange since in computer circles most manufacturers won't even take back a product for RMA unless you have done the firmware update and it still is a problem.

Hopefully I haven't over stepped the boundries of the forum rules.

Thanks!

--JR--

Closing this thread lets not even go there, we are all about legal free to air and we don't even want to discuss hacking even if it is only in theory, hope you understand and welcome to the forum! Please feel free to bring this up with the administration, but we have made up our minds we are not going in this direction!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts