What's the diff b/w a 3 and 5 LNB if I can't

Status
Please reply by conversation.

geaux1

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 25, 2006
get locals offered in memphis yet anyway? Will I miss out on some RSN HD broadcaasts or anything? Otherwise I don;t get why they won;t just stick a 5 LNB on my roof now, I forgot to ask when I was on the phone and they mentioned it, all they said was when locals are added and/or some conversion happens which may be this fall but it will probably be delayed we will swap it out for a 5 LNB, whichever happens first. Any advcie or do I even have a choice? Thanks in advance.

geaux1 said:
get locals offered in memphis yet anyway? Will I miss out on some RSN HD broadcaasts or anything? Otherwise I don;t get why they won;t just stick a 5 LNB on my roof now, I forgot to ask when I was on the phone and they mentioned it, all they said was when locals are added and/or some conversion happens which may be this fall but it will probably be delayed we will swap it out for a 5 LNB, whichever happens first. Any advcie or do I even have a choice? Thanks in advance.
So far, the only thing you will be missing with a 3 instead of a 5 is the possible locals and your RSN.....
So Far

Jimbo

I saw an AT9 in the trash this morning on the way to work. The house was just recently sold and I guess the new owner took it down and trashed it. Looked like it was in perfect condition. I guess I should have stopped and picked it up but I just wasn't motivated enough to stop and get out of the car. I saw it sitting in the carport earlier this week but didn't realize it was an AT9 until this morning when it was out on the curb.

nibyak said:
I saw an AT9 in the trash this morning on the way to work. The house was just recently sold and I guess the new owner took it down and trashed it. Looked like it was in perfect condition. I guess I should have stopped and picked it up but I just wasn't motivated enough to stop and get out of the car. I saw it sitting in the carport earlier this week but didn't realize it was an AT9 until this morning when it was out on the curb.

It's actually against the law to take someones garbage...

I am a lawyer and no it's not unless you have some local ordinance.

Well it all depends on what state you are in as far as state laws and/or local / county ordinances.

Anyway, here in GA as police officers we don't bother much with it until the homeowner calls in and complains about the person outside digging through their trash.

Unless a local law states one cannot go through someone's trash at the curb, anyone can go through the trash. US Supreme Court has ruled, no expectation of privacy, therefore it's open season for trash at the curb. California v. Greenwood for those wanting the ruling.

cforrest said:
Unless a local law states one cannot go through someone's trash at the curb, anyone can go through the trash. US Supreme Court has ruled, no expectation of privacy, therefore it's open season for trash at the curb. California v. Greenwood for those wanting the ruling.

yes you are right, to elaborate a bit further the ruling also allowed law enforcement to go thru trash for evidence if evidence was found it was admissable on the grounds the trash was abandoned or discarded,

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts