Whats The Differeence?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

directvfreak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I hear a lot about different recivers. Whats the difference between the D10, D10-100, D10-200, and the D10-300? Are they better that the RCA DRD435RH?

Matt

directvfreak said:
I hear a lot about different recivers. Whats the difference between the D10, D10-100, D10-200, and the D10-300? Are they better that the RCA DRD435RH? Matt

All the D10's are the same, the -100, -200, -300 denotes the company that makes it. AND I would say yes, they are a pretty decent decent upgrade from that particular RCA model.

I recommend the D10-100. You can buy it (or one of the other models) from Valueelectronics, mention you are a member here for a discount.

BTW, as far as I can tell, all three run the same GUI interface (after updating to latest firmware my 100s and 200 have the exact same GUI, I don't have a 300, but I imagine they are too), the exterior is slightly different, but nothing to write about, the stability on the D10-100 is great, the 200 seems as good, but it seems D* is pampering the 100 over the rest since the recent update hit the 100 6/21 and the 200 did not get it till 1-2(?) months(?) later, and the 300 just got its update today.

Also I read the 100 serial interface works while the others don't (the new update may have changed this though, I myself have not tried the serial interface on any of the units).

I still personally do not care for the current DirecTV models and recommend the older non-DirecTV brands such as Sony, LG, Hughes for SD and HD when they can be found. If I HAD to get a DirecTV branded unit I would call Robert @ ValueElectronics.com and allow him to tell you the best features of each to help you decide. With the new MPEG4 stuff right around the corner, I can't see moving from the older standard MPEG2 receiver to the new standard MPEG2 receiver, but Robert can explain all that.

If you have a stand alone Tivo or any DVR that can use a serial connection keep the RCA. The D10-100 has a limited serial connection, as long as your locals are not under channel 100 it works.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)