What's the range of the Wireless Joey from the Hopper 3 Access Point?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mkerdman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 9, 2004
What's the range of the Wireless Joey from the Hopper Access Point?

Is there any lag with the Wireless Joey's Remote when using Skip FWD 30 Sec., Skip Back 10 Sec., or Pause Live TV?

Thanks in advance.

What's the range of the Wireless Joey from the Hopper Access Point?

Is there any lag with the Wireless Joey's Remote when using Skip FWD 30 Sec., Skip Back 10 Sec., or Pause Live TV?

Thanks in advance.
With any and all wireless, it depends on obstructions, materials, etc. I had a WAP installed about 75' and downstairs from wireless Joey, and connection was Iffy at best with a signal level at 35 or less (Installer should have never left it that way). I finally did redid some cable connections (which the installer should have done) and moved it to the far end of the room with the WJ. Signal level is now 95-100. I don't notice any glaring pauses.

So, is it worth putting forth great effort to run wire to a Standard Joey 2 rather than rely on a long run WIreless Joey / WAP?

So, is it worth putting forth great effort to run wire to a Standard Joey 2 rather than rely on a long run WIreless Joey / WAP?

I have both a Joey 2 and a Wireless Joey. I can't really comment on the range of the Wireless Joey, as the distance between mine is pretty short. I will say that The Wireless Joey in my setup is solid, and easily as fast, possibly a tick faster in operation than the Joey 2. On both Joeys, you'll see lag going in and out of menus, dvr list, etc, as compared to the main Hopper, but both are usable. Trick Play can sometimes be inconsistent on Joeys, but I've never noticed a specific lag in hitting the functions you mention.

Do you have a standard Joey in a room closer to where you would put the WJ than the Hopper? If so, you could use a HIC to put WAP there.

Do you have a standard Joey in a room closer to where you would put the WJ than the Hopper? If so, you could use a HIC to put WAP there.

Yes, I will. Can I locate the WAP at the closest Standard Joey instead of at the more distant Hopper 3?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)