What's the Scoop on The EPG Today?

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
Is it correct? I hate it when I setup recordings and don't get what's advertised, so before I bother for this evening, is it correct today?

Heroic Trio with Maggie Cheung and Michelle Yeoh is actually some movie with white people.

The audience is watching...

VoOm.

Maybe the VOOM main page can be updated daily to indicate if the EPG is correct or not. It sounds ridiculous but maybe a necessity until VOOM decides to fix it once and for all.
Or maybe the EPG will magically get fixed the day they roll out their DVR ???

I called VOOM twice today and they told me this is the first time they heard about this problem. From what all u say it's been going on for months. Does anyone have the main number for VOOM? not the 1-800-Get-VOOM but the main place I can get in touch with a VOOMs programing department

I just spoke to a CSR and she said that it must be my box. I told her the EPG on the website list the wrong movie. She did not know what to do. I am so tired of the per-school crap with voom.

The movie "Live Nude Girls, Unite!" sounded interesting, but the movie that actually played was some German film that had English subtitles, and it was about some kids in the Hitler Youth Corps. This is at least the second time this has happened on that one title. Last time, they showed a documentary on some expedition to the South Pole.

barth2k said:
Heroic Trio with Maggie Cheung and Michelle Yeoh is actually some movie with white people.

The audience is watching...

VoOm.
Yeah, and then Bruce Lee was on after! :eek: :shocked :no :confused:

The Stone Man said:
The movie "Live Nude Girls, Unite!" sounded interesting, but the movie that actually played was some German film that had English subtitles, and it was about some kids in the Hitler Youth Corps. This is at least the second time this has happened on that one title. Last time, they showed a documentary on some expedition to the South Pole.
I've had the same experience trying to watch "Live Nude Girls". I'm beginning to think this is a conspiracy to make people watch crappy documentaries. I wonder if an actual movie with this title even exists. I think "Live Nude Girls" would be a good name for a band to trick people into paying a cover charge to see them at a bar.

You guys aren't missing anything, this aired on one of the Premium movie channels about 2 years ago and there is not much nudity or stripping if that's what you're looking for.

DarrellP said:
You guys aren't missing anything, this aired on one of the Premium movie channels about 2 years ago and there is not much nudity or stripping if that's what you're looking for.

It has to be better than a movie about Hitler Youth.

I just fired off an email to Voom CS about the guide being mucked up for several weeks now, since several people have posted that the CSR's are ignorant of the fact, let's see what the reply will be.

I kinda hope the EPG is never fixed so this thread will thrive daily...just like the "VOOM DVR Coming Soon" thread is doing. The # of views it is displaying is absolutely amazing.

Anyone tried unplugging the receiver and checking to see if it is fixed after rebuild of the guide? I'll try it tonight if I remember.

DarrellP said:
I just fired off an email to Voom CS about the guide being mucked up for several weeks now, since several people have posted that the CSR's are ignorant of the fact, let's see what the reply will be.
Here's the reply, no mention of wrong info, just time:

Thank you for contacting VOOM,

I certainly apologize for any inconvenience. We are actively working to improve our program guide. Right now, if a program starts at a time that is not on the hour or half hour, the time in the program guide is sometimes inconsistent with the program's actual time. While I do not have any information as of when we may make these adjustments, I can recommend you visit our web site and sign up for email updates. That way you will be contacted with the latest VOOM developments, as they become available. Once again, I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Thank you for contacting VOOM

I responded to this email and received this one just now:

Thank you for choosing VOOM - HDTV Delivered!

As a growing company, we certainly appreciate your feedback. I apologize for the problems we have been having with the incorrect program line up. I will be forwarding this information with the right people here at VOOM.

Thank you for choosing VOOM - the leader in High Definition Programming!

Maybe there's hope? :(

Only hope is that when they release the DVR, and the PG is as inaccurate as it is now, thousands of people will complain they just bought a useless DVR that records random programs, then maybe Voom might fix the PG.

Today is another horrible day for Cinema 10.

-John

jgantert said:
Only hope is that when they release the DVR, and the PG is as inaccurate as it is now, thousands of people will complain they just bought a useless DVR that records random programs, then maybe Voom might fix the PG.

Today is another horrible day for Cinema 10.

-John

You want both a functioning DVR and an accurate EPG sometime during 2005?
VOOM has only been around for 13 months.
Be patient.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)