What's the USB port on my 942 for?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
USB keyboards can be used to simplify entering search items(works sporatically on my 721). They are supposed to be using it for the new PocketDish portable player soon. SInce the USB port is controlled by software, it is pretty much only for what they allow. There was a guy that managed to use his 721 as a webserver at one point using a USB-> Ethernet adapter. However, the 721/921's system is on the hard drive, while it looks like the 522/625/942's is loaded into an NVRAM setup, so it may be harder to modify.....

Actually, it can be used for several things. After the latest software download (281) it can be used for the pocket dish and many digital cameras to view pictures on your TV.

cruzmisl said:
If it has any use what can I use it for?
Thanks,
J.
You can upload all your pictures and view them on any TV.
If your digital camera is not supported directly, you can use a USB Flash drive to move them from your computer.

What about the USB port on the 625?

I noticed my new 625 has a USB port. What can I do with it? That would be cool if I could hook my digital camera up to it directly...any ideas?

Is there any other way of ripping recorded programs off of the DVR 625 other than playing the recorded file and recording from the video output to a VCR or pc video capture card? Say, like downloading it from USB connection to your computer for DVD burning purposes?

Are there any DVRs that support this in any other method than analog? (aside from the Tivo with DVD burner combo, that is)

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts