What's up with all the Movie Channels?

Lolly

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2006
With all these Movie channels way aren't they showing anything NEW hardly ?

We are lucky to see a NEW Movie on Sat nites and most aren't any good.

Where are all the Good movies that are out on DVD'S and were at the movies.

All they play over and over the same old crap.

For the Prices we pay this is Terrible.

With all these Movie channels way aren't they showing anything NEW hardly ?

We are lucky to see a NEW Movie on Sat nites and most aren't any good.

Where are all the Good movies that are out on DVD'S and were at the movies.

All they play over and over the same old crap.

For the Prices we pay this is Terrible.

Yeah, they have been getting steadily worse over the last 2-3 years.
If it weren't for HD, I'd be a heavy Netflix/Blockbuster/Hollywood user.

As it is I'm evaluating my Platinum sub. The way DISH/Comcast/others price it, if you carry say, 2 premiums, you can get the rest for what, $12-14 more...

There are not many 'good' movies out now, and I *Don't* think its because of middle age either. I like movies with good looking young people. Maybe I'll just get HBO and P*boy and the p***os :eek: , etc... :D :rolleyes: :eek: HHmm

Yeah movie channels are A waste! Heck things come out on DVD every Tuesday of the month. So better just to rent the moves instead of paying for a movie channel that shows movies that have been on DVD for months.

Glad, I am not the only one who has noticed this...

I hate to put more money out and start Renting movies or buying pay pre View but it never fails soon as I do then a few months later they show the movie I paid for on the Movie Channels.

Or I sit and wait and wait hoping they will show something good but they never do.

We Can't Win Thats For Sure ... Ha Ha

The only movies I watch in the packages are HD. All the rest are wasted. And I find more interesting movies on HDMOVIES than the packs. They may be older but overall better quality. I should probably drop down to Dish Advantage (250 - for Nat Geo) plus HBO/Starz and save a few bucks.

Spoiled by HD. My HD-A1 does a really good job of upconverting but is being starved by lack of HD content (just dropped my Netflix down to 1 per month). Not getting Blu-Ray till the unit prices drop below 300.00 ... if I could get enough content I would drop all the packages (except maybe HBO for original programing, but that isn't what it used to be either.)

I dumped the movie channels a while back and subbed to Netflix. This way we do have a new movie every weekend and I get entire seasons of shows and watch them in little time. Much better, and cost the same. We easily go through 18 disks a month, for $18. $1 a movie is a bargain.

I had tryed Netflix before but my turn around was so slow and I would have to wait and wait for most of the movies I had on my list so I got tired of there games and Dumped them.

I dumped the movie channels a while back and subbed to Netflix. This way we do have a new movie every weekend and I get entire seasons of shows and watch them in little time. Much better, and cost the same. We easily go through 18 disks a month, for $18. $1 a movie is a bargain.

believe is all for pay-per view business that all movies channels are not having a good line up for new programming is just a business I see all 4 HBO CINEMAX STARZ AND SHOWTIME and there is not a good movie in days

Perhaps Hollywood is getting greedier and asking for alot more money than they used to. Not just a steady rise in prices but a big jump also. More than the movie channels are willing to pay for what might only be average movies. Either that, or as others have said, by the time movies work their way through DVD release, there isnt all that much left that most people would still be interested in. Latest number I read was that %80+ of homes have a DVD player. Hard to compete with that.

The couple good new movies that HBO had the month before I dropped it (the 3 month freebie expired) I had already seen almost 4 months earlier on DVD. The one saving grace HBO did have was its HD channel. But I'm not going to pay $15/month for the whole package to get it.

The $15 will be better used to help get a Blu-Ray player... which my Ouija says will win in the end.:D

I had tryed Netflix before but my turn around was so slow and I would have to wait and wait for most of the movies I had on my list so I got tired of there games and Dumped them.

Got Blockbuster myself. 3 new movies every week!!! Love it!!!:DWhat's really nice is you don't even have to mail it back. You can take it to your nearest store and get another movie if you want.

I Got Netflix! I Got PS3! I Got Blue Ray every week 1 or 2 movies. Also thinking about dropping the movie packages. After the last Sopranos season and new Brotherhood series, I am dumping them.

Everytime I turn on Starz The Waterboy is playing.

Count your blessings.

According to the STARZ Press Release for April 2007, 59 HD Movies are listed (The Waterboy is not) ....

yet, 10-12 either (1) do not show up on the April PDF Schedule or (2) are holdovers that started in the last 10 days of March or actually in the first week of May.

All told, when those are marked off - and you examine what movies HAVE NOT been on STARZ in the last 6 Months, you find a grand total of 13 New HD Titles that have not been on in the past 6 months.

Of course, that is no where near as bad as Universal HD which finally in its 3rd year of operation finally aired its 150th movie titles.

I agree I didn't see too much that caught my attention on the movie channels and I found myself not watching them very often so I cut them off. I may cut Showtime back on when Dexter starts back I'm not sure but other than that I didn't really watch them. I had HBO back when I had cable and watched it some but not often so when I switched to Dish I didn't sub to any movie packages. I ended up after a year or two adding some but then after the first month or so go to where I didn't really watch them and couldn't see paying that so I cut them all off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts