What's up with C3?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

JerryK

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 25, 2005
Hi all,
Is anyone having issues with C3 in the last couple days? Is C3 considered "weak" or anything? Nearly half of the NPS Digital pack is on C3 and It's been like pulling teeth getting that one to come in.

I'll admit my dish is new (to me) and hasn't been "professionally" tuned, but I'm not so sure this is my fault. ....because this morning everything was suddenly GREAT on C3. It just came up like magic. I hadn't moved the dish at all since last night, when I gave up and labeled C3 the "processing your request channel"

Could that hurricane be causing trouble with uplinks? I'm just wondering how reliable it's been for you guys.
Thanks,
Jerry

10ft winegard mesh/dsr922/brand new Eagle Aspen lnb's 15deg C/6degKu/ new CorotorII+

Update: Last night, when the sun went down, C3 went away. This morning, it's back.

It's odd because I live in a rural area and can't see what the problem could be. Could a neighbor's mercury light (comes on after dark) cause interference? The only thing blocking my dish from the west is a single thin overhead powerline about 50 yards away. (just the wire, there are no poles). But I'd think that if the wire was a problem, I'd have the problem 24/7, not just at night.

C3 Problems

Check your feed horn for a wasp nest or spider webs, also look under the LNB cover or dome if you have one and check for bird nests as they can cause the servo to malfunction. It USUALLY will affect all satellites but I have seen it affect just one. Could be also overheating of the LNB during the day.
:yes :no
Bryansr

Thanks, It's pretty new and I've been in there almost daily so it's pretty clean.

On note of concern is that I do have a pretty big loop of coax (about 18inches) extending from the lnbs' then leaving the feedhorn. I didn't want sharp bends to hurt the signal, but could all that wire be a problem?

I'll keep playing with it. It might just be a nighttime outage

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)