What's up with the 3D-GLASSES channels?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

fastfed

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 20, 2004
I see some HDTV station's on my voom, that is obvious for 3D glasses.. I think they were discovery HD, but not sure..

Anyone use it?

How is it?

Where and what kind of glasses are they?

DiscoveryHD airs a Mars update that shows some HD pictures in 3D. It's pretty cool, all you need are the regular red/blue 3D glasses like you use for Spy Kids 3D.

well what I was thinking is if its in HD, its must be pretty sick.. Sick meaning awesome!

Is this true?

For those who need those spy kids 3d glasses...goto ebay and put in 3d glasses. Alot of people are selling the ones that they gave out when the Spy Kids 3d movie was in theaters. I bought mine on ebay for 2.99 no shipping..wrapped in the package still. Yes...ebay has everything.

It looks good, but just go to the mars rover website and you can see the same thing in higher resolution.

there is a blurb that airs right before the mars update that says you can go to a local Discovery Channel store and pick up a pair of the 3-d glasses fop free. But you have to into a store, they don't offer them on the Discovery Store website.

I also have 2 pair left over from the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit additon from a few years ago, remember that? Now that was eye popping.

DarrellP said:
I also have 2 pair left over from the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit additon from a few years ago, remember that? Now that was eye popping.

You win. Coke cans popping off the screen loses to "saucers" jumping off of the page :shocked

Did anybody see a 3D effect on the Discovery footage of Mars? I tried it a couple of times and it just gave me blurry vision and a headache. These "anaglyph" type 3D images work good on my PC with the same glasses. If any of you have not been to an Imax 3D movie, you are missing out. The "Space Station 3D" was just amazing and they use some very nice ski-goggle style glasses that have wireless speakers built-in.

Agreed, the 3D effect is not that great, but it does work.

For you guys who do not know this trick yet, take a dark colored lens and hold it over one eye and watch anything HD as long as it is moving and you will get an eye popping 3D effect! Try it. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)