What's up with the French Open channels?

IceRunner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
I can get those today, but there as no tennis. I'm assuming that you have to pay to get those channels (473-477)?

I believe that the French Open channels will be open free during live French Open play. The Tennis Channel has the live action during the week, with early round coverage starting at 6AM Eastern daily.

I can't confirm that, but I believe that is what the plan is. Sort of like when TBS has the additional channels in the 450's or 460's during their college football telecasts.

I just watched them this morning. These channels provide LIVE coverage of the French open games. Each channel is a different court. The audio varies from a very BAD announcer with a totally dry mix (no court audio) and the official's mic poppin in every now and again to a 1kHz tone.

Since the channels carry the event live and the matches start at 11am in Paris, the programming starts at 5am Eastern US time. They end at about 12noon to 1pm. (6 or 7pm Central European Summer Time). Channel 100 will have those 5 channels along with the tennis channel feed going simultaneously on any OpenTV cabable receiver (most of them).

See ya
Tony

It should also be mentioned that yesterday was mostly a 'wash', as most of the day was a rain delay - very little play occurred. I commend E* for even giving us this option, and tying it to channel 100..I'm sure most non-tennis fans who normally use channel 100 are not happy with it being taken over by tennis. I, on the other hand, am thrilled. Too bad Tennis Channel isn't yet in HD, and I sure hope E* carries the HD channel when it launches in December.

Channel 473...

Hey Guys What's Up! Can Anyone Let Me Know What Satellite And What Transponder Frequency Is Channel 473 On? I Appreciate Your Help!

P.s. Sorry For The Caps But It Ain't Working Right!

Cheers Mates!

Mine at least kept looking like it was going to pixilate. Showing all kinds of things like the feed was on a time satellite delay because of the distance or something. I guess that is all we can expect for free. It is atleast something.

CH. 473 TP Freq and PID values.

HEY THERE TNG, THNX 4 UR HELP! I WAS WONDERING IF YOU COULD LET ME KNOW THE FREQUENCY OF THE TRANSP CHANNEL 473 IS ON? I'VE SEEN IT IS ON TP 18, HOWEVER I'M NOT BEING ABLE TO DOWNLOAD THIS CHANNEL. iF U COULD ALSO LET ME KNOW ON THE PID VALUES I WOULD APPRECIATE IT DUDE.

THNX A LOT!!!! HAVE A GOOD ONE!

I appreciate Dish Network and the Tennis Channel's efforts here, but these 5 channels look like they are being sent over the Atlantic via 2 soup cans and a long length of string! You can't even see the tennis ball against the red clay courts.

Did not know that Dish had these. In the Mike and the Mad dog show they made it sound like DirecTv was the only one with this setup. They are so DirecTv bias that is just wasteful to listen to their comments.

HEY THERE TNG, THNX 4 UR HELP! I WAS WONDERING IF YOU COULD LET ME KNOW THE FREQUENCY OF THE TRANSP CHANNEL 473 IS ON? I'VE SEEN IT IS ON TP 18, HOWEVER I'M NOT BEING ABLE TO DOWNLOAD THIS CHANNEL. iF U COULD ALSO LET ME KNOW ON THE PID VALUES I WOULD APPRECIATE IT DUDE.

THNX A LOT!!!! HAVE A GOOD ONE!

DON'T TYPE LIKE THIS. (This is yelling.)

Hey Guys What's Up! Can Anyone Let Me Know What Satellite And What Transponder Frequency Is Channel 473 On? I Appreciate Your Help!

And Don't Type Like This Either. (This is annoying.)

Type like this. The first one word in each sentence is capitalized. The rest aren't (excluding proper nouns). It makes it much easier to read and people are less likely to ignore your messages.

Did not know that Dish had these. In the Mike and the Mad dog show they made it sound like DirecTv was the only one with this setup. They are so DirecTv bias that is just wasteful to listen to their comments.

Over the course of the last two years I have had a running "battle" with the Sports Media columnists for the two big newspapers in Los Angeles, Larry Stewart of the LA Times and Tom Hoffarth of the LA Daily News.

Both of them have told me in the past (and Stewart again this past weekend) that the reason you hear such a massive DirecTV "bias" with regards to things like the French Open channels is because DirecTV actually bothers sending out press releases for stuff like this and Dish Network doesn't. DirecTV is very media friendly, much moreso than Dish Network.

Over the past few years, the Daily News guy has been very good about now including information regarding Dish Network in his columns, giving tier and channel information for stuff that is on Dish as well as Direct. Larry Stewart of the Times is a lazy bastard who, if the information isn't handed to him in a press release, doesn't know it exists and thus continues to refuse to put Dish Network in his column even after I write to give him the information.

So this is much less of a DirecTV bias than a combination of lazy reporters / broadcasters and Dish Network not publicizing their offerings as much as DirecTV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts