What's with BEV? Stupid?

Charles Lapple

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 14, 2003
:mad: Is BEV stupid? I am aware they can not knowlngly sell to the US. But they have to be dumber than dirt, to throw away the revenue. As long as they pretend we don't exist, all they have do do is deposit the money. Is their goal to have us cancel service?

They have shut me off again! Always on a Friday night, when it is impossible to do anything until Monday. So no FOX HD football this weekend. Are they tryng to drive me to Star Choice? I have just about had it!

Are you listening BEV? Or are you too stupid to pay attention to these forum; or even know they exist?

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Charles Lapple said:
:mad: Is BEV stupid? I am aware they can not knowlngly sell to the US. But they have to be dumber than dirt, to throw away the revenue. As long as they pretend we don't exist, all they have do do is deposit the money. Is their goal to have us cancel service?

They have shut me off again! Always on a Friday night, when it is impossible to do anything until Monday. So no FOX HD football this weekend. Are they tryng to drive me to Star Choice? I have just about had it!

Are you listening BEV? Or are you too stupid to pay attention to these forum; or even know they exist?

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Actually it is the same in Canada, if E* or DTV know you are in Canada you lose service, it is not jsut a Bell thing! Maybe what is needed is joint Canadian/U.S. consumers going ot their respective lawmakers and fight for access to the services the other has to offer...Oh wait that is free trade ;)

Canadians have been fighting for years to get access to U.S. channels (not just ones that are allowed by our burocratic head-in-the-a** government). It is so bad in Canada that if you buy programming from a U.S. provider you as a paying consumer are considered a thief under the law and can get a fine and/or jail.

Alt

Expressvu turns the link off for alot of reasons. They may think you have one machine at your residence that is a pirate or you are sharing with other people or you are over your 90 limit for your bill. I would call your broker and have the broker straighten it out. What is the # on the top right hand corner of the nag screen your recieved when you turn on the reciever.

Charles

Is your broker Freeway? If it is, then you should normally expect that from them. Switch brokers...or continue to deal with cutoffs. I've had EVu for 1 1/2 years with my broker and never been turned off yet

Iceberg said:
Charles

Is your broker Freeway? If it is, then you should normally expect that from them. Switch brokers...or continue to deal with cutoffs. I've had EVu for 1 1/2 years with my broker and never been turned off yet

Who's your broker? Yes I do use freeway. Why does the broker make a difference?

Freeway has been known to forget to pay bills for the customer, making them get cut off. They get the invoice and pay it for you.

I use TVM and they set me up with Auto CC Pay....ExpressVu bills my CC in CAD $$ and I get the conversion rate in US $$. TVM never pays the bill for me.

Never can get cut off unless my CC becomes expired :)

It sounds like the broker did not pay the bill and is over the 90 day limit, that will cost you, they add 19.95 on top of that and they can add if they want a re-connect fee of 49.95 if they want but rarely performed. If you let me know the nag # I can tell you why they shut down the link charles.

DCXFORDGM said:
It sounds like the broker did not pay the bill and is over the 90 day limit, that will cost you, they add 19.95 on top of that and they can add if they want a re-connect fee of 49.95 if they want but rarely performed. If you let me know the nag # I can tell you why they shut down the link charles.

Don't have a nag#, that I can find. Just a dozen or so "junk" channels and Red Guide on everythig else.
:mad:

Bell has turned of your programing, you have only channel 198 and a few others, if this is the case then the broker has not paided the bill.

If you must use a broker to have an address, at least insist that YOU are the one to handle all dealings from then on.
Pay them, if you must, for an address. There is no need for them to deal w. the DBS company. Fortunately, I had an address to use. I was able to call BEV's 416 number, activate service, and give them my U.S. credit card for billing. Never saw any mail from them for nearly 3 years (told my cousin to throw it all out) - until I heard about the card swap. I told her if anything important looking came in, to mail it to me. She did, and I did the card swap by again calling in on the 416 number.
I did have to call a couple of other times. Once when I wanted to change packages and once when I was having trouble being authoized for all the channels when 82 went on line.
...mike

Can someone provide a link for TVM?

And for someone new to Canadian HD, should I get BEV or SC?

Thanks!

Would you believe they shut me off again?

They just shut me down for a week, because they did not send the new smart card. That took two more days, of screwing around, to get activated. Here we are , about ten days later, and they shut me off AGAIN, at 6:15 on a Friday night. So I can't AGAIN do anything until Monday!

The hell with EVU! Anyone know if *C will work in S. Cal.?

Just when I decided to dump BEV and go to *C, I see there is a dispute between *C and what ever the Canadians call their FCC. That government agency wants *C to stop their HD broadcasts, because they don't have channels dedicated to single sources.

The only reason I need Canadian satellite is US network HD. I can't see spending money for new equiptment and installation, with this situtation pending. Meanwhile, the IDIOTS at BEV keep shutting off my service! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts