What's your favorite Comic Book based movie or TV Series?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Movie: X-Men
TV: Batman Beyond

I would have to say, movie, Tim Robbins Batman was the standard. The TV show...hmm, that is a tough one....I would have agree with Brian and say Batman Beyond....the combo of a YOUNG, FUTURISTIC Batman with OLD, still mentally sharp-as-a-tack Batman/Bruce Wayne is a VERY awesome concept.:up

There is a great website for ALL superhero type movies/TV shows called

www.superherohype.com

I go to it at least one a week to see what is up in the superhero movie scene.

For TV: The original Spider-man cartoon series tops them all. Even though it was made in the dark ages of tv cartoons when they cheaped out in almost everyway they could think of, it will always be my favorite. Plus that theme song...it's still rattling around in my head.

For Movies: I like Hellboy. I've never read the comic books, but this is one of those goofy good time action/superhero movies I can watch over and over again. Hellboy is such a great character... a weird combination of Col. Hannibal Smith from the A-Team, the Thing from the Fantastic Four, and of course...Satan!

I would have to say, movie, Tim Robbins Batman was the standard. The TV show...hmm, that is a tough one....I would have agree with Brian and say Batman Beyond....the combo of a YOUNG, FUTURISTIC Batman with OLD, still mentally sharp-as-a-tack Batman/Bruce Wayne is a VERY awesome concept.:up

There is a great website for ALL superhero type movies/TV shows called

www.superherohype.com

I go to it at least one a week to see what is up in the superhero movie scene.

:up I think Batman Beyond is just awesome, for the exact same reasons you stated salsa. I'm buying them on DVD now and can't wait to watch them with the kids.

:up I think Batman Beyond is just awesome, for the exact same reasons you stated salsa. I'm buying them on DVD now and can't wait to watch them with the kids.

Also try "The Iron Giant"...One of THE best stories and animated movies I have ever seen...and absolute MUST...especially when seeing them with your sons...and maybe the girls will like it too....LOL...my 7 year old daughter LOVES it.

I agrea that Reeves will always be Reeves but his time has come and gone wether he had suffered his injury or not he would have been to old to have come back for this movie. The new movie was not the wholesome saturday afternoon drinking milk and and eating a peanutbutter and jellie sandwich while reading a stack of comics. I had hoped for a return to "Truth, Justice, and the American way" feel where men are men and women are women and John Wayne was still kickin ass even if he had to wear depends. What I found was a movie that was more realisticly based ( aside from there being a super hero ) with human vices and weaknesses and situations and this superman who grew up as a human shared many of these same characteristics wich to me made him more familiar.

I think that alot of people both wanted this new guy to replicate Reeves in apearance and acting but there is only so much imitation that any actor can do without loosing his own identity but I also think that most people were also expecting to see pretty much what I was to hoping to see and when they didnt along with wanting a Reeves character there was negative press. Maybe if this was the first superman movie then the concensus would be diferent, who knows.

I had heard a while back that the idea was being tossed around but nothing in the pipleline that I know of.
Thanks Van... Christopher Reeves will always be remembered, as will George Reeves as Superman... but the legend lives on, I personally liked this movie and thought it kept the spirit going... and the sound rocked...

Also try "The Iron Giant"...One of THE best stories and animated movies I have ever seen...and absolute MUST...especially when seeing them with your sons...and maybe the girls will like it too....LOL...my 7 year old daughter LOVES it.

I've watched it 3 or 4 times already and really liked it, although I haven't watched it with my kids yet.

No to both, Ashley is to old and not busty enough and Jolie doesnt have the hips or butt for the outfitt but does have the chest.

Hollywood does wonderful work to make people look better.

Then how about Jessica Alba. If your Superman can be different then Reeves, then Wonder Woman can be different then Carter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)