Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
So what can you see from your house?

From my house I can see from 30 degree all the way over to 131. While I can see that far in reality I can only see from 87 to 131 as if I go past 87 the dish flops and I lose my alignment. But soon that will (should) not be an issue as a friend is bringing me a new 10 foot orbitron dish he just finished referbishing. He has it on a pole at his house and has it tracking from 25 degrees on over.

I coould probably go lower the 30 degrees but to do this I would need to burn down my house. :D

I can't wait to get this new dish in! :D

Anyways went outside with my iPad and loaded up DISH Pointer Pro to see what I could see, and I have attached those photos below. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0022.PNG
    IMG_0022.PNG
    176.5 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_0023.PNG
    IMG_0023.PNG
    176.1 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_0024.PNG
    IMG_0024.PNG
    131.9 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0025.PNG
    IMG_0025.PNG
    185.6 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_0028.JPG
    IMG_0028.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_0039.JPG
    IMG_0039.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 163
winter I can see 45W (after the leaves are gone) but otherwise for C-Band its 55.5 to 139
KU is 61 to 148 (when Dish had a sat there)....could go further east but no Universal LNB (and cant see 30W)

My BUD can see from 58W-135W before trees interfere to the east and the Catskill Mountains to the west. However, I can point easily now to 30W and maybe slightly lower from separate dishes since hurricane Irene uprooted 3 trees that previously blocked my Atlantic satellite line of sight during summer.

i can see from 72w to 137w. moved my 6' about 12' north yesterday. had to move the sewer pipe a month ago and put the new hole right in the dug ground so it was not hard to dig with the post hole digger. then i put down a 2 3/4 iron fence post that had been part of a fence and still had the concrete on it so fits in the hole nicely and tamp it perfectly perpendicular. took about two hours yesterday to get it done. then the neighbor helped me lift off the dish from the original post and put it on the new one. the amazing thing was aljazeera was on when we moved the dish and it was perfect after the move. didn't even have to line up the dish straight south. after the move i finally was able to get 137w. before the move i could only get to 135w. the old post is going to have an 8' solid dish as soon as i can get it moved and put on the polar mount i have ready for it.

i like the pictures of your dish and house. that looks great. we have the same lat at 41.7. charlie

i am still stumped on 72w getting nbc. the preacher comes in at 35 to 45q on the openbox. need to try the dsr200c and see if it can get it.

I can see 58W - 131W with the Bud then after leaves to 139. I can only get 30W in the winter.

I see 55.5W ~ 139W and I have perfect coverage of the entire 38° gap in the Clarke Belt over the Pacific. I think I can see 177W but it's circular C-Band and nothing I care to see.

I got 15w one time during the winter,to about 125w
One of my old fta receivers actually had a screen on the dish aiming setup to punch in your long,lat, and sat you wanted to get.
It would then tell you the elevation/azimuth or if the sat was below the horizon.
old primestar is aimed at 30w now,plus my motorized 80cm.

I can get from Intelsat 11 at 43W to AMC 8 at 139W with my 7.5 SAMI. I might could get to NSS 806 at 40W, but that bird is circular polarization so I don't think I could get anything from it anyway.

I see 58W to 139W Cband here on the 8 footer. Finally got it tweaked perfectly this fall after having it two year lol...Ku band is 61W-129W if there was something still on 129W....blind

55.5W to 139W C-band. Power pole partially blocks anything over mid-Pacific.
61W to 125W(& if 148 were still there) Ku-band.

Last edited:
I can see from 72 to 125, and maybe 127 in the winter, I have a tree in the 50s and 60s, then I can see 45, 37, and in the winter 30.

I've got neighbors trees close in to the south of me, but buy placing my dishes immediately north of them the arc is at it's highest and points over them. To the East is fairly clear, I just barely shoot over my barn to get Telstar 12@ 15 deg. Over to the West I have a ridge of trees across the street but can get to 137w, and of course everything in between.
15 to 137 and a combined total of C and Ku = 68 sats.

If I want to look at 139w I go to work and tap in to the Citadel feeds for our station. But I hear that talk radio stuff all day, don't need it at home.

Last edited:
I can see out my driveway and everything is covered with $*&^%@@# snow! Had a mini blizzard late today.
The dishes can see from 61 to 135. About 139 after all leaves are gone. Could go lower than 61 if/when I take out a couple of trees. Not for the dish, ones I have been going to for some time now.

RT.

10 ft BUD with a .7m on the arc, 55.5 to 137, safely and dependably. Could go further east, and would like to, down to 24.5W. But the mount geometry would have to be modified. 139W is now just showing improving levels now that the leaves are falling. But not that interested in talk radio. But try to "tune in" occasionally, just to see if I can.

When I first installed the 1 meter channel master / Primestar I tested and seemed to get all the way from 162E to 43W. I say seemed to, because I started on 129W with whitesprings or what ever that was, and moved and tweaked West, counting as I went. I did identify some for sure but could not lock anything I could read / understand on some. Then I went to 97W and hit some as I moved east, identified 61.5 then counted East from there. There are a few that I want to put fixed dishes on later, but the septic system and a kitchen and bath are more important to the wife. These were all on KU, no motor, Mercury II from SatelliteAV.

Edit... Just got to thinking.... That to the west may have been on C band in the weeks between when I put up the Winegard and when I took the turnbuckle off and put on the actuator and got it lined up for true south. Did not get the motor hooked up before the wind and frost took it out of the ground. I remember twisting the c band to look over the steam plume from Goldendale. To the east was KU for sure, never took C to 72W.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts