Whats your ride?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What?! That doesnt make sense, since the OnStar functionality shouldn't matter on body style. The OnStar button should still be in the rearview mirror housing, and the audio through the speakers. Weird....

Yes thats what it say on the OnStar website...

Q. Where is the three-button system installed in my vehicle?
A. In most vehicles, the three-button system is built into the rearview mirror. In other vehicles, the buttons will be within the overhead console, headliner, or on the instrument panel.

http://www.onstar.com/us_english/jsp/explore/use_onstar.jsp

Well for some reason this computer doesn't like to load Photobucket.com anymore. I don't know what it is so I can't post pictures right now but will try to later.

My first ride is a 06 Accord 6 cylinder 6 speed manual transmission sedan. Pretty much loaded other than the navigation system. Has XM although I don't like it all that much so not sure if I will keep paying for it or not. It's a nice car to drive and pretty fun too. This car is completely stock and I plan for it to remain that way.

Next up is a 01 Ram 1500 Offroad edition with the 360 engine matched up to an automatic transmission. I can't say I'm fond of an auto but I guess it's ok. This is more my tow rig or for use when I need to go through some snow or something like that. It has a 3" Skyjacker lift, Eagle Alloy 16x10 wheels, BFG MT tires, Alpine 9830 headunit, Kicker Comp VR sub, Flowmaster dual exhaust, and a few other things. I previously had a Cobra 29 CB but sold it although I'm thinking of picking up another CB.

Next up is my DD. It's a 1996 Honda Accord EX 4cyl with an Auto. Again I don't like the auto but it's ok. We have had it since it was new. It now has 207k miles on it and still runs pretty good. It has a JVC Aresonal head unit. I don't remember the model # but it was one of the better ones 2 and a half years ago when I bought it, 2 12" Infinity subs, Pioneer 6.5" front speakers, Alpine 6x9 rears, K&N cold air intake, Taylor plug wires, Invidia cat-back exhaust, APC clear corners and turn signals, APC Altezza tail lights, I have quite a few other things on it. This thing is more my toy/dd. I drive it as it gets good gas milage unlike the truck and it has a good sounding stereo. I'm to the point now where I have kind of outgrown modifying vehicles and kind of wish it was back to stock minus the stereo. I like to have a nice stereo but thats about it.

I have gotten to the point where a modified vehicle just really doesn't do a lot for me I'd rather have a quiet nice riding vehicle that doesn't stand out and is comfortable to ride in. In the past that has not been the case and I do enjoy the noise of the Flowmasters on my truck quite a bit most of the time. I also believe in keeping cars until they wear out. I like to buy new but get plenty of use out of them. I just can't see buying a new car every couple of years and trading up like most do. You loose soo much money that way although I have thought about upgrading my truck. Out of those 3 it's the only one I've bought used. I probably never will as I love my truck way too much but I had thought of a new Ram until I test drove it and realized I liked mine a lot more. All of my cars are pretty fun to drive. They may not be the nicest but they are fun to drive and get the job done.

99 Chevy Silverado

Great for hauling big satellite dishes among other things.
It is paid for and it's going to last me a long time........

Attachments

• 99silverado.jpg
    99silverado.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 135
My show car

I've had this for 25 years. It was my granny's. Pretty cool for her. My main ride is a Ford Ranger Edge. It is cool looking but the gas milage really sucks.

Attachments

• 65 fairlane.jpg
    65 fairlane.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 146
The G6 will be around for '08. As for the GTP badge, who knows. I'm sure there will be a comperable trim that has a decent sized V6 and some other sporty options. There is also rumors of a GXP version too. Not sure if it will be using the same body, but it will be in the lineup.

Come '09 there may be a Pontiac G8 which has been rumored to be a 4-door version of the GTO. Yes, the GTO is no longer in production (for now), but the G8 will be RWD and have a nice beefy V8. This will probably end production of the Grand Prix.

Are you talking about the Coupe of the GXP version... ?

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/04/03/2007-pontiac-g6-gxp-coupe-concept-unveiled/

Last edited:
My garage orniment ('95 Mustang GT 'vert):

thats a lovely car there !!! my personal favourite off all ive seen so far on here :)

My new ride...

2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited
5.7-liter HEMI w/3.92 rear end
Black Crystal Pearl
20" Wheels
Alpine/Sirius/Navigation
UConnect BlueTooth connection for phone (love it!)

Attachments

• Aspen_5Dash.jpg
    Aspen_5Dash.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 127
  • Aspen_4Black_Crystal_Pearl.jpg
    Aspen_4Black_Crystal_Pearl.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 122
  • Aspen_3Rear.jpg
    Aspen_3Rear.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 123
  • Aspen_2Front.jpg
    Aspen_2Front.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 132
  • Aspen_1Side.jpg
    Aspen_1Side.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 126
  • Aspen_6Dash.jpg
    Aspen_6Dash.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 162
My car is a 2006 Fusion SEL I took delivery of in February. Ordered it the beginning of November. It took that long because my dealer sold "too many". He had already sold 3, mine was the 4th, while other dealers still had not received their second car, so I had to wait. It has every option available on the 2006, except for the moonroof. I'm 6'5" and I can't afford to lose that much headroom.
Wife's car is a 2001 Taurus.
Hauler/son's vehicle is a 1998 Chevy Silverado.
Alternate vehicle for 18 year old son, and the one he is insured on, is a 1997 Taurus.
College daughter's car is a 1998 Taurus.

The only vehicle I am making payments on is my Fusion. Payments come from my mileage reimbursement.

My personal car is a 2002 Jeep Liberty Sport.. It is a great driving experiance, fun to drive Powerful v6 motor, handles very well, but it has horrible MPG, maybe 10-12 MPG in the city and 16 if im lucky on the highway...

My daily driver is a 2005 Ford E250 van, with a logo similar to that of my avatar on the side :)

hdtvtechno - can you please go back and attach you photo? users will be able to click the thumbnail and see the full-size image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts