Whats your thoughts on 360 price dropping?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
Now that blu ray is going to be the active format do you think that microsoft is going to offer blu ray players or will microsoft drop the price of its consoles or both?

Hard to say really. It wouldn't surprise me to see a blu-ray player for the 360 at some point. If I had to guess, I would say fall of this year in time for the holidays.

I think the 360 is due for a price drop, but again, I don't know if we'll see one before the fall shopping season. Probably depends on if Sony cuts the PS3 again before then.

I am really hoping for the BluRay Add-on. Although MS supported the losing format they were smart for not integrating it into the console itself.

I'd like to see a sony price drop on the ps3 by years end, they may be selling more units now but having seen several locked up at local stores recently while the 360 has been playing isnt good for prospective buyers.

The blu-ray addon will do very crappy with the 360, and thats a fact, there will be a lot of 360 users really ***** off...since now they are stuck with HD-DVD, that means for those guys they have to buy another addon..

Microsoft could do us all a favor and just add the damn WiFi+bigger harddrive on the premiums and just drop the price to even be comparable system to the PS3 as far as the pricing goes.
If you match both systems price by price you get more for less if you get a PS3.

Also it is not finalized that Microsoft is getting a Blu-ray addon.
I think Sony will keep Blu-ray for themselves for a while until they grant licensing the M$.

The price of the 360 should keep dropping until no more 3 Red Rings of death!! I enjoy my third 360 very much but this problem with them has to stop!! :mad:

The price of the 360 should keep dropping until no more 3 Red Rings of death!! I enjoy my third 360 very much but this problem with them has to stop!! :mad:

Hate to do this, but I have to be mean in this following post, please forgive me akodo :D

I am sure the shortage last month was due to the high failure rate, and I am sure they needed more parts shipped out from China so they could replace the RoRD's.
Microsoft could be as well ranked one of the worst companies ever to make hardware.
Their 360 is a piece of junk when it comes to hardware.
The 360 is a great system when it comes to Interactivity,software,live, but its a piece of crap when it comes to hardware, how can I company go on for so many years with this high amount of failure rate? Its been 3+ years now, and I believe the original xbox had a lower failure rate than this.
Are they just repacking the RRoD and shipping to someone else that is getting a RRoD?
Billy boy needs to invest some money to get new replacement parts instead of repacking the same junk.
My 360 gave me the middle finger last month, I went out and got myself a new one from Costco by replacing the old one...not many people are lucky enough to be able to replace their 360 for free...so I feel sorry for the other people.
And what really ***** is that some people had to replace their 360's more than 2 times...which is unacceptable!!

And I honestly think the M$ Replacement plan that you pay for....... the extended warranty is POS because they send you the same crappy refurbished system, only a not so smart person would buy a replacement plan from them.
Spend the extra money and get the extended warranty from the store you bought it from, at least they will do a clean swap and get you a brand new system that is update and never had RRoD.

If you a have a Costco in your area, buy from them.

Hate to do this, but I have to be mean in this following post, please forgive me akodo :D

I am sure the shortage last month was due to the high failure rate, and I am sure they needed more parts shipped out from China so they could replace the RoRD's.
Microsoft could be as well ranked one of the worst companies ever to make hardware.
The 360 is a great system when it comes to Interactivity,software,live, but its a piece of crap when it comes to hardware, how can I company go on for so many years with this high amount of failure rate? Its been 3+ years now, and I believe the original xbox had a lower failure rate than this.
Are they just repacking the RRoD and shipping to someone else that is getting a RRoD?
Billy boy needs to invest some money to get new replacement parts instead of repacking the same junk.
My 360 gave me the middle finger last month, I went out and got myself a new one from Costco by replacing the old one...not many people are lucky enough to be able to replace their 360 for free...so I feel sorry for the other people.
And what really ***** is that some people had to replace their 360's more than 2 times...which is unacceptable!!

And I honestly think the M$ Replacement plan that you pay for....... the extended warranty is POS because they send you the same crappy refurbished system, only a not so smart person would buy a replacement plan from them.
Spend the extra money and get the extended warranty from the store you bought it from, at least they will do a clean swap and get you a brand new system that is update and never had RRoD.

This is probably the most misinformed post I've ever read on this board.

This is probably the most misinformed post I've ever read on this board.

Misinformed?
You cannot lie that there is a stupid amount of list of people that complain about their 360 dieing and getting RRoD.
Look at this forums alone, let alone the 360 forums, I am not talking about the trolls that are posting under their silver accounts either, people that have a gamer score that is higher than 2k are complaining about this issue too.

No need to defend Microsoft here.

It's your sample size and your conclusions. And then to extrapolate from forum posters that Microsoft is cannibalizing consoles and the failures are the reason for the shortage..... is so far fetched that I'd believe that Toshiba is getting back into the HDDVD business before I'd expect someone else to swallow that line without choking.

I'll be happy to pick it apart further later, but you need to move on. Your post was all kinds of FUD, little more.

Forgiven. I hate the failure Rates on the 360. And I agree with you. Mostly in this case :)

I am a huge advocate of buying the best buy protection plan with a 360. It pays for itself.

:D

Forgiven. I hate the failure Rates on the 360. And I agree with you. Mostly in this case :)

I am a huge advocate of buying the best buy protection plan with a 360. It pays for itself.

:D

I never trust buying PP from the company itself, because most of the times they will give you refurbished items.

For example, if BB doesn't stock anymore 360 Premiums they will just give you a BB Gift Card and you can use it to buy whatever in the store or even buy a new 360...

I think they were stolen off the back of trucks, they were on the barge that sunk in Cloverfield, and the boogeyman ate them.

My point is just as set in reality as yours. You don't sacrifice new customer acquisition in this way. Complete speculation with no basis on facts anywhere short of being an insider which we know you are not - and there aren't even any RUMORS of anything like this. Just a shortage.

This is fairly stupid as well, as it was a design flaw, not a failure of a component.
No, not really. It had a design flaw and a bad rep that has since been fixed. Existing flawed systems and legit failures of the system keep the story in the news. Sorry, even PS3s and Wii's fail. If the problems that caused them to dedicate $1 billion to replacing defective consoles continued as horribly as you portray, they'd very quickly have been sued. At least they took it upon themselves to extend the warranty, something Sony had to be sued to do for the PS2's failures.
This is fairly stupid. Old consoles are still in circulation, the failure rate isn't even being maintained as those are being cycled out. Here, unlike your post I'll cite a source: SiliconRepublic.com: Microsoft slams Xbox failure reports as ‘pure speculation’
something that makes an ounce of sense said:
SquareTrade itself did not reveal the methodology used to gather figures for its report but did say that most, if not all, of the failed Xbox consoles had the original motherboard which has since been replaced.

Moving on...

Do you eat spoiled meat? Do you go to work, only to make your job harder so you can do it more than once? They are a business and this is how you LOSE money, so no, they are not doing this. They do get a huge number of consoles with a specific problem though, so the refurbish program makes a TON of business sense. Replace the motherboard, ship it back out. Perfectly viable solution.
See above. Not doing this is how you lose money, i suspect Microsoft knows very well how to make green, not just throw it away.
They are able to replace it for free unless it is some other nonstandard failure. You'll find that people who take care of their devices, dust, and take care of their games have consoles that last a lot longer, imagine that.
Yup, I am one of them. Before the problem was properly diagnosed I got a refurb back. Ended up with the problem again several months later, after the warranty was extended (RROD), and they sent me a new unit to replace it. But omg i must be lying, since they were only supposed to send the same unit back and/or repack somone else's and shovel their crap my direction, right?

You boast so much about Costco, but the annual cost of membership exceeds the $29 you're complaining about here.

Had a 360 arcade go RRoD on me out of the box this week. Exchanged it right away though and new one works fine.

Don't get me wrong I love the 360 with all of my heart, but the failure rate is abysmal:cool:

Had a 360 arcade go RRoD on me out of the box this week. Exchanged it right away though and new one works fine.

Don't get me wrong I love the 360 with all of my heart, but the failure rate is abysmal:cool:

I asked in the other thread, what troubleshooting did you do before you packed it up and took it back? Ever turned on a 360 without the video cable seated correctly?

You said RROD, all 4 lights lit up?

I asked in the other thread, what troubleshooting did you do before you packed it up and took it back? Ever turned on a 360 without the video cable seated correctly?

Um yeah I tried HDMI cable I have, and the multi (composite/component) cable that I have for my 360 elite. (Btw I responded to this in my other thread).

Also I tried swapping the power supplies for my elites as well. still did the same thing.

I understand, I have had a pro fail (refurb works fine) and now this arcade. thats 50% of the 360s I have owned.

Elite hasn't failed as of yet (knock on wood). :)

And by the way have had the false RRoD before on all of my 360s (the one where power goes out suddenly)

Also have had the 2 rings with one over heating

Also have had 1 sector flashing for improper video cable seating (the hdmi cable I had on it was pinched and damaged)

I think they were stolen off the back of trucks, they were on the barge that sunk in Cloverfield, and the boogeyman ate them.

My point is just as set in reality as yours. You don't sacrifice new customer acquisition in this way. Complete speculation with no basis on facts anywhere short of being an insider which we know you are not - and there aren't even any RUMORS of anything like this. Just a shortage.

This is fairly stupid as well, as it was a design flaw, not a failure of a component.
No, not really. It had a design flaw and a bad rep that has since been fixed. Existing flawed systems and legit failures of the system keep the story in the news. Sorry, even PS3s and Wii's fail. If the problems that caused them to dedicate $1 billion to replacing defective consoles continued as horribly as you portray, they'd very quickly have been sued. At least they took it upon themselves to extend the warranty, something Sony had to be sued to do for the PS2's failures.
This is fairly stupid. Old consoles are still in circulation, the failure rate isn't even being maintained as those are being cycled out. Here, unlike your post I'll cite a source: SiliconRepublic.com: Microsoft slams Xbox failure reports as ‘pure speculation’

Moving on...

Do you eat spoiled meat? Do you go to work, only to make your job harder so you can do it more than once? They are a business and this is how you LOSE money, so no, they are not doing this. They do get a huge number of consoles with a specific problem though, so the refurbish program makes a TON of business sense. Replace the motherboard, ship it back out. Perfectly viable solution.
See above. Not doing this is how you lose money, i suspect Microsoft knows very well how to make green, not just throw it away.
They are able to replace it for free unless it is some other nonstandard failure. You'll find that people who take care of their devices, dust, and take care of their games have consoles that last a lot longer, imagine that.
Yup, I am one of them. Before the problem was properly diagnosed I got a refurb back. Ended up with the problem again several months later, after the warranty was extended (RROD), and they sent me a new unit to replace it. But omg i must be lying, since they were only supposed to send the same unit back and/or repack somone else's and shovel their crap my direction, right?

You boast so much about Costco, but the annual cost of membership exceeds the $29 you're complaining about here.
29$ for a refurbished vs 50$ annual charge for Costco, and yes I take advantage of that because I do business with them, so not only that 50$ goes towards the 360 that I purchased from them, buy many other things.
I am not here to encourage people to get a costco membership for just the 360...because then it be really stupid to pay 50$ yearly for just your 360...
But if you have a local costco in your area and happen to have a Costco Membership card, you should take advantage of this.

The way they are doing business its not helping the consumer, because clearly even if they replace the motherboard, the problem still persist and people after using few months or even a year..it breaks down on them.
So that tells me one thing: 1 whoever produces their Mobo is a POS company, since they still fail.
You would know by now they would have less defective units out there.
Plus who wants to wait weeks in order to get your console, when you can visit your local BB/Costco/CC to get a new one right away.
Yes the PS3 and Wii's fail, but not as much as M$.
Damn I don't even think the PS3 and Wii's failure rate would be anywhere close to 1/2 of what the 360 has.

Where did you get your 360 from?
How long did it last you?

Where did you get your 360 from?
How long did it last you?
LOL which one

1st one launch day best buy - died the august afterwards Refurb works fine.

2nd pro system - Works fine, gave it to my step dad so my kids would have a video game system over there (bought best buy with warranty)

3rd system (replaced the 2nd) Elite - won it in a sweepstakes. No warranty but MS' *hoping it holds up* :)

4th system Arcade - Bought from American Electronics - Was RRoD when I got it home. Exchanged it and new one works fine (I bought it for a friend who often works at my house since my wife is disabled)

The way they are doing business its not helping the consumer, because clearly even if they replace the motherboard, the problem still persist

Sigh.

Read my link again.

Here, i'll repost the part of it that i quoted already:

independant third party said:
SquareTrade itself did not reveal the methodology used to gather figures for its report but did say that most, if not all, of the failed Xbox consoles had the original motherboard which has since been replaced.

Electronics fail, as akodo can unfortunately attest to with his recent Arcade purchase. As far as the 360 is concerned, the problem has been fixed. The point still stands, your post was more than ridiculous.... your rebuttal only argues over the price of an extended warranty that isn't needed to address the problem you're arguing about, and the rate of the occurrence, which I've again debunked with this same source I posted before but you still felt the need to refute.... so you apparently agree with the rest of my conclusions about how wrong/out of line your statements were.

Let's try and get this thread back on track, or let it die the sad death it deserves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)