Wheeling WV locals and fox and abc

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Gib4500

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 29, 2005
Ohio
If and when they put wheeling wv locals up what happens because they only carry like 2 channels in the dma. wtov 9 nbc and wtrf 7 cbs. Will they be allowed to add significantly viewed stations for surrounding dma's or is that all they will offer with the local package? I just wondered how that will work. I know there are also other dma's in the same situation. Zanesville OH and Parkersburg WV both only have one channel. With the current situation of dish possibly having to shut off distant networks i just wondered how that would work. Thanks.

That's a good question. When I used to work that part of Ohio/West Virginia, I would often get many a disgruntled customer complaining about absence of locals. Dish may end up doing what they did for Zanesville and just "incorporate" you into the next DMA. Pittsburgh's DMA, I believe. In the case of Z'ville, I believe they receive all their locals out of Columbus

Mankato MN is the same way. 1 channel DMA

DirecTV was smart and gave them
CBS Mankato
ABC Mpls
NBC Mpls
FOX Mpls
National PBS
(Minneapolis is the nearest DMA to them) so Dish should do the same. Add KEYC and be done with another DMA dish :)

webbydude said:
Dish may end up doing what they did for Zanesville and just "incorporate" you into the next DMA. Pittsburgh's DMA, I believe. In the case of Z'ville, I believe they receive all their locals out of Columbus
Can't do that - Dish can't just substitute another DMA's locals for a DMA they don't yet carry. What they can do is offer put up the local stations, and then "fill in the holes" with stations from a neighboring DMA (under Significantly Viewed rules).

This is probably what would happen with Parkersburg WV locals as well although it is near the bottom of the list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)