when a 508 goes bad... ?

cparker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 8, 2007
Sanborn, NY
What happens now if a 508 goes bad? Mine is acting weird. It's just on a bedroom TV and I have a 622 in the living room and HD service. Can they replace it with another 508? Is it so old they'll just tell me I have to replace it myself? I love not having a DVR fee on it. Would they get me for a DVR fee AND a leased receiver fee if I upgraded it to a 612?

wow... over 50 views and no speculative answers. :) Nobody else has had an issue with a 508 recently?

It depends on HOW it is going bad. If it's the hard drive, I've heard that it is an easy replacement. Drives in the same acpacity of the 508 are really cheap.

no... it does a check for satellites and stuff... 110 ok, 119 ok, 61.5 gets a big red "X" and says there's a problem, however I don't seem to be missing any programming at all. Check switch tells me everything is working. This 508 still has the 401 software on it.

It looks like software version P4.05 was released on 3/11. If nothing else, turn off your 508 for a few hours and let it d/l the new software.

Honestly, though, unless some specific SD channels are still coming off the 61.5, you won't miss any programming. The 61.5 is used primarily for your HD channels.

Also, as far as I know, Dish will ship out a refurb 501/508 if yours is really failing. You will likely pay additional fees with a 612, but then I know nothing of programming charges and Dish's current fee system.

no... it does a check for satellites and stuff... 110 ok, 119 ok, 61.5 gets a big red "X" and says there's a problem, however I don't seem to be missing any programming at all. Check switch tells me everything is working. This 508 still has the 401 software on it.

I have P4.05 on a 508 and the '61.5 gets a big red "X"' is still an issue. All of my timers for channels on the 61.5 satellite work fine and viewing the channels are no problem either.

Basically having the same issue, but just wanted to report it's the same with P4.05. I don't think its a hardware issue, but a software one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)