when are you eligible for new customer deals

Yragha

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
I'm wondering how long you have to be away to be eligible for new customer deals again?

Thanks

Once an account is cancelled, there is a 90 day waiting period before the customer can be re-qualified. Please let me know if you have any other questions!

One final question, is their a 30 day money back guarantee or no? I can't remember from last time, it's been a while.

I believe Dish is more like one or two days with leased equipment and promos. If you buy your equipment, you don't have any type of contract and leave at anytime and you are free to sell your equipment. I don't recall any 30 day money back guarentee

The only guarantees you have when you sign the contract are a 2-year agreement and the first 60 days are warrantied for free repair/replace of equipment that malfunctions/fails.

I came back to Dish after six months and got the new customer deals and a Hopper and Joey. DTV just wants to roll out rsn's in HD and nothing else. They did roll out TMC in HD but that wasn't enough to keep me interested. Dish has the programming that appeals to me so I made the switch even with the loss of AMC which is overvalued.

I had been planning to come back to Dish when my rebates with Direct expired. And from purely a dollars and cents standpoint, it would still be a reasonable thing to do. But I like most of the originals on AMC and when I add in 3 series subs to them with either Amazon or iTunes, the cost differential just isn't enough. With D*, even though I get BBCA in SD, I still get it.

And frankly, since Dish doesn't seem to be wanting to even talk about bringing AMC back, their retail rates should be reduced since they are paying out less.

Once an account is cancelled, there is a 90 day waiting period before the customer can be re-qualified. Please let me know if you have any other questions!

That is good to know. Last time we were gone for ~year, and they didn't let us have any offers- not even with a contract. we had to pay $150 upfront (we own our equipment) for some reason.

I had been planning to come back to Dish when my rebates with Direct expired. And from purely a dollars and cents standpoint, it would still be a reasonable thing to do. But I like most of the originals on AMC and when I add in 3 series subs to them with either Amazon or iTunes, the cost differential just isn't enough. With D*, even though I get BBCA in SD, I still get it.

And frankly, since Dish doesn't seem to be wanting to even talk about bringing AMC back, their retail rates should be reduced since they are paying out less.

What about the 2 years of added programming and features without a price increase from Dish? The argument about how Dish, or any provider, should lower the price when a channel is dropped is just a waste of time. Every customer should know right upfront that channels and prices may change at any time.

It is a waste of time, but I'm retired. Time isn't one of the things I worry about much these days! :)

Yeah, that was nice for current Dish customers. But I'm not looking from the inside, I'm looking from the outside. If I were to return to Dish, it would cost me about $90/year to get the 3 shows on AMC that I think are worth watching. And that is very much a factor. I had considered a dual-sub arrangement, but that doesn't make any sense at all since AMC and BBCA-HD are two of the important channels, and because of the way Dish is structured, I'd need to be in at least T200.

It is a waste of time, but I'm retired. Time isn't one of the things I worry about much these days! :)

Yeah, that was nice for current Dish customers. But I'm not looking from the inside, I'm looking from the outside. If I were to return to Dish, it would cost me about $90/year to get the 3 shows on AMC that I think are worth watching. And that is very much a factor. I had considered a dual-sub arrangement, but that doesn't make any sense at all since AMC and BBCA-HD are two of the important channels, and because of the way Dish is structured, I'd need to be in at least T200.

Retirement, I envy you.

Retirement, I envy you.

It is both good and bad. The good is that all those hobbies you never had time for are all just waiting for you to take them back up. For me that was acquiring that behemoth organ you see as my avatar and re-introducing myself to the magic of organ music and more time for golf. Add to it, watching TV until your eyes bleed 'cause you are always so far behind and lots of reading.

A little travel, and a 3 year old car with less than 12K on it since I bought it new! :)

The bad is when the weather goes to the pits, no golf! :(

navychop said:
When the dot com boom was flying high, I calculated I could retire between 60 & 62. Now, I'm hoping I can retire - someday. :(

I hear ya, in '97 I "retired" from the Army (21 years). Now I work for the Town, in 7 years I can "retire" again, doubt I'll be able to afford it...

I'm currently on flex or pay as you go plan, if I cancel that and sign for 2yrs would I qualify as new customer?