When Charlie used to contact me personally

I remember many times paying 15 cents per gallon for gasoline. Of course, that was during a gas war between two or more stations. Regular price was more like 25 cents.

Back in the 70s, there was gas station that was19.9 that gave away dishes and green stamps. My mother used to collect Green Stamps. I did too in my 20s.

When we had the Webtv/DISHplayer back in 99 and 2000 , we would take the distant locals and the super stations. I could record one of the east coast networks and watch another east coast network at the same time then record one of the west coast networks and watch the other west coast network at the same time. It was a primitive way of getting to watch all 4 networks and we kept it till we got our own locals on the satellite. Now I don't have any sat delivered locals. Dropped because of costs.

Yes, I remember that. I used my big dish from 85-99 when I got Dish, as we losing the Super Stations, so I went with Dish that also offered E/W Nets. Those were the fun days. I think Dish 300 was something like $20 a month or so.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Not to mention distant locals

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

No more E/W Locals, but I still have the Super Stations. With the Roku, I have over 300 TV station apps from across the country where I can watch the local news. Fun stuff. A couple years ago, I was up late, like 3-4 AM Pacific Time, so I started watching the morning news from ME and went all the way to FL. Some of the smaller markets the news crew is not too hot, but a lot of fun to watch. I lived in AK for years as a kid and I regularly watch the Anchorage & Fairbanks news.

Reactions: MikeD-C05

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)