When did we lose auto-hop on Fox?

The change was part of the most recent contract negotiations. I believe the delay is now the same as CBS. 7 Days for all stations.

What a joke....

Guess we now have to watch commercials after that slick move.

Oh wait...... we still have 30 second skip. How dumb.

Reactions: Hall
The delay doesn't bother me much as we generally tend to be behind a few weeks, so by the time we get to most of the shows that have commercials we are able to auto-hop.

Reactions: JSheridan
The delay doesn't bother me much as we generally tend to be behind a few weeks, so by the time we get to most of the shows that have commercials we are able to auto-hop.
We love the autohop- but, when you wait a week and for reasons unknown to me the show started early or late you can't get it. Gotham had like the last 5 minutes then some show we don't watch... If I decide to upgrade to hopper 3 it won't be an issue, I'll just pad everything one hour before and after.
Waiting for all the problem posts to start dwindling

--sent from broadbandless rural America

Seems fitting, since they are the ones who wanted the AutoHop availability delayed. ;)

Yup, but it also hurts the TV shows you like as well. As Dish transmits the actual time you viewed the show the networks get impressions on when someone is watching it live, watching it the same day but time shifted because of another shows conflict, or 1 week late. That will affect the rating of the show and some idiot network exec will cancel it. Networks use this data all the time so see if their show is being played at a later date and then look at other shows the users in general watched live, which they then use to make a decision on what other time slot move a show to.

You didn't think that shows moving into new time slots were just random acts did you?

Yup, but it also hurts the TV shows you like as well. As Dish transmits the actual time you viewed the show the networks get impressions on when someone is watching it live, watching it the same day but time shifted because of another shows conflict, or 1 week late. That will affect the rating of the show and some idiot network exec will cancel it. Networks use this data all the time so see if their show is being played at a later date and then look at other shows the users in general watched live, which they then use to make a decision on what other time slot move a show to.

You didn't think that shows moving into new time slots were just random acts did you?
Well this then affects any Primetime Show. They can't shuffle and cancel them all.

Most shows are not worth watching after one or two seasons at the most. Actually, most new shows seem like you have seen them before, since they just took a previous shows concept and built a new show around it.

Most shows are not worth watching after one or two seasons at the most. Actually, most new shows seem like you have seen them before, since they just took a previous shows concept and built a new show around it.
Too true. Too many spinoffs just dilute the theme(s). My DVR is full of these shows which I never click on to watch. You just explained why in two sentences. Thanks from this resident curmudgeon.........:hatsoff