When do you think more models or newer models of portable Radio to come out?

What company are you looking at ? A lot should come out at CES in January. XM just released the Myfi and the SKyfi 2 they are considered Gen 3 radios. I'm not sure what Sirius has down the road maybe Sirius Rich can chime in with that info.

Sirius announced today the release of the Streamer SG. A palm sized plug and play.

Picture 1 LARGE

Picture 2 Smaller

The PR:

Palm-Sized Sirius Satellite Radio Receiver Unveiled by The Brix Group; All New Streamer GT Complete System Available for Under $130

CAMPBELL, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 15, 2004--In your truck, car or home, bring the vast world of satellite radio in the palm of your hand. Streamer GT, the latest in a line of satellite radio products from The Brix Group, brings affordability and portability to satellite radio. With the addition of the palm-sized Streamer GT to Brix's existing portfolio of truck, auto and home satellite radio equipment, users will have "always on" access to more than 120 channels of SIRIUS Satellite Radio's (Nasdaq:SIRI) commercial-free music, sports, information and entertainment.

Featuring a three line full display, unique for satellite radio products of this size, the palm-sized Streamer GT also sports an ergonomically designed toggle control for easy channel changes while driving and even wearing gloves. The Streamer GT weighs 6 ounces and has 30 presets to store your favorite channels. The Streamer GT is also equipped with a built-in wireless FM transmitter with 100 frequencies, which allows the Streamer GT to play through virtually any FM radio.

The Streamer GT is available now exclusively from The Brix Group's American Wireless and Pana-Pacific divisions for a retail price of $129.95. The Streamer GT Professional kit is packaged with a remote and heavy-duty suction cup for easy mounting. A home kit is available for $29.99. A standard vehicle kit will also be available. SIRIUS Satellite Radio subscriptions costs are $12.95 per month, with discounts for up-front payments of a year or more.

The affordable and ultra-small Streamer GT is available for purchase at any participating American Wireless or Pana-Pacific dealer (visit our online dealer locator at http://www.americanwireless.com/dealers.html), participating OEM truck dealer and truck stop location, or online at www.americanwireless.com.

"The Brix Group's long history in the heavy truck, commercial vehicle and car audio markets has enabled us to design and manufacture a winning product at an affordable price point for all types of applications," said Harry Brix, CEO and Founder of The Brix Group. "We believe Streamer GT is an ideal combination of form, function and price for new and existing satellite radio customers."

overclocked said:
I am gonna wait for what is in store for next generation sattalite radio. but when would that be?

I wonder why the Sirius home page does not say anything about the Streamer GT? Looks about the size of a Roady? I would buy one. Are they for sale on-line as of now?

The PR just came out a few hours ago. The PR says they are available from a Brix dealer. I have not tried to order one (yet).

I AM A FORD PARTS PERSON AT A DEALERSHIP IN EDMOND, OK. WE RECIEVED OUR STREAMER GT'SA COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO. IF YOU WOULD LIKE OUR WEBSITE IS http://www.prestigefordparts.com. CLICK ON SATTELITE RADIOS AND YOU CAN REPLY TO ME THERE.

SHAWN MCGEE
PRESTIGE FORD PARTS
14220 N BROADWAY EXT.
EDMOND, OK 73013
405-475-9679

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)