When is 105 going to go away for good?

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
I was just wondering if anybody knew what was going to happen to 105? Is E* going to continue renting it? Are they ever going to pull those few locals left on 105?

I had even heard they were keeping 105 for internet...

Does anybody know any facts???

No idea, havent even heard the rumour about the 105 being used for internet wich if is the case is a bad idea considering that they had so many problems with that bird.

They have long term leases for 105 AMC15 and 16. But, they do not have to use them for DBS. E* is on record as saying they are planning on being a bulk satellite capacity seller too.

mike123abc said:
They have long term leases for 105 AMC15 and 16. But, they do not have to use them for DBS. E* is on record as saying they are planning on being a bulk satellite capacity seller too.

Wonder if they can sub-lease?

I remember discussions in the forums regarding Dish Network planning on selling satellite space as part of their diversification plans.

Actually I heard from the commercial Department that they where planning on using it for business Tv feeds for places like Budweiser and McDonalds.

I have seen their rate cards and going from most expensive to least expensive...

Claude Greiner said:
Actually I heard from the commercial Department that they where planning on using it for business Tv feeds for places like Budweiser and McDonalds.

I have seen their rate cards and going from most expensive to least expensive...

So, they might leave those locals such as Richmond, VA etc... on 105 for a very long time? If they are going to keep that sat, that will more than likely be cheaper than swapping the SD 105 to the D1000

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)