When Is The Next Wave Of Hd Coming On E*

joedekock said:
Maybe someone cal help me out with a few questions.

I am currently a Directv subscriber. I am displeased with our HD (or lack there of). I am sure most here know that Directv has "hd lite" so they down rez their HD channels for bandwith reasons.

I know Directv has launched new satellites, and MPG4 is here. I am on the list to get my locals in high def through the satellite this quarter.

Now that Dish has ESPN2, and NFL Network HD. I am considering moving to it. I am not sure the value I will find in the Voom HD channels.

My Question are: When does Dish plan on having HD locals for different markets? Do they MPEG4 deployed, or is it still in development? And, do I need more that one dish to get all the HD channels, or a bigger dish than the normal ones you usually see on rooftops?

Pretty much every HD channel launched since Feb. 1st has been using MPEG4. So, that's nearly all the LIL-HD markets (save LA and NY I believe), ESPN2-HD, Universal HD, HGTV HD, National Geographic HD, NFL HD, Starz HD, 5 additional Voom HD channels (the original 10 launched are still MPEG2)...

I believe a Dish 1000 will work just fine for you, kinda similar to the phase 3 directv dish (maybe slightly bigger).

Also, unlike DirecTv, Dish Network has a MPEG DVR box that customers have been using since February, VIP 622.

I love my ViP622. And I love Equator HD, and HGTV HD, and NG HD, and .......

Can't wait till Aug 30, when Food HD is expected.

DishBacker said:
Pretty much every HD channel launched since Feb. 1st has been using MPEG4. So, that's nearly all the LIL-HD markets (save LA and NY I believe), ESPN2-HD, Universal HD, HGTV HD, National Geographic HD, NFL HD, Starz HD, 5 additional Voom HD channels (the original 10 launched are still MPEG2)...

If you mean actual MPEG4 you are off a bit. Out of those you listed, I believe only the LIL-HDs (other than NY and LA), NFL-HD, and StarzHD are actually MPEG4...the rest of those are still MPEG2 but have MPEG4 headers so they dont show up on MPEG2 HD receivers.

ralfyguy said:
Is the Tulsa/OK market ever get HD LIL's?
I am wondering the samething. There are still a lot of cities on the list that haven't been activated yet for HD LiL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts