when is WWOR (MY 9) HD going to be available in the NY DMA?

deepen03

Original poster
May 26, 2010
Central NJ
I live in Central NJ and I receive all the locals from NY, but MY 9 is not available in HD and has not been since I got dish HD in 2008.
I know there is a way to get it using an OTA, but is it ever going to be available directly? I have a DISH Vip612 reciever.

very rarely has Dish put up locals in HD that arent the Big4
I know WPIX is and that was a contract between Dish and Tribune.

Maybe sometime soon....or when the contract comes up between Fox & Dish

very rarely has Dish put up locals in HD that arent the Big4
I know WPIX is and that was a contract between Dish and Tribune.

Maybe sometime soon....or when the contract comes up between Fox & Dish

well, I read on another forum that that channel is available in HD in other markets, just not in the NY area. I guess i'll just have to wait.

Does anyone know when they might have MSG in HD?

No telling.. A lot of people have been waiting for that one for awhile. It was up in testing years ago but nothing came of it. Speaking of that, is it still showing up as testing or has it been taking down?

well, I read on another forum that that channel is available in HD in other markets, just not in the NY area. I guess i'll just have to wait.

they must have DIrectv then :)

per thelist (at the top) which is up to date as Dish changes happen do NOT show WWOR-HD ANYWHERE on Dish's satellite fleet

blts,

I will likely be a VERY long wait. MSG is owned by Rainbow Media. Rainbow Media owns several other networks, notably VOOM Networks. Rainbow Media and Dish are in litigation over the removal of the Voom Networks from Dish Network. So until there is some sort of resolution to this litigation you will not see MSG in HD on Dish Network.

BTW the other Rainbow networks available in HD but not on Dish Network are IFC HD, AMC HD, and again their carriage on Dish will have to wait until the Voom litigation is solved.

John

blts,

I will likely be a VERY long wait. MSG is owned by Rainbow Media. Rainbow Media owns several other networks, notably VOOM Networks. Rainbow Media and Dish are in litigation over the removal of the Voom Networks from Dish Network. So until there is some sort of resolution to this litigation you will not see MSG in HD on Dish Network.

BTW the other Rainbow networks available in HD but not on Dish Network are IFC HD, AMC HD, and again their carriage on Dish will have to wait until the Voom litigation is solved.

John
I thought when congress just passed the new satellite bill it opened up the way for Dish to receive MSG in HD?

According to "The List"
So there is a place for it, if and when they agree.

5412 MSG MPEG4 61.5°W 30 8PSK ConUS Not
(412) HD (2/3) beam Available

5413 MSG+ MPEG4 61.5°W 30 8PSK ConUS Not
(413) HD (2/3) beam Available

Last edited:
WWOR is not available anywhere in HD via Dish. Some other suppliers do have it.

MY Network HD is available in Philadelphia (WPHL), so it would be nice to have WWOR available in NYC.

I thought when congress just passed the new satellite bill it opened up the way for Dish to receive MSG in HD?
No. That involves retrans of local broadcast stations to rural areas only.

No. That involves retrans of local broadcast stations to rural areas only.
I thought part of the bill also said that companies could not just withhold signals (HD & SD) because they did not want another competitor to have it. The company owning the signal had to offer it at the going rate too and not over charge. That is why Comcast in Philly and some other RSN's around the country have to offer their signal to their competitors once they agree on a price. Cablevision owns most of the HD signals for the NY RSN's and has only allowed Time Warner (which doesn't compete in the same areas as Cablevision) and Direct TV because they had a lawsuit and won. They have not allowed Verizion or Dish to have the signal because they are competitors but from watching some of the hearings on TV and reading parts of the bill they both have a right to buy these channels, once agreeing on a price.

WWOR is not available anywhere in HD via Dish. Some other suppliers do have it.

I think he meant My Network TV is available in HD in other markets. Which I believe is true since I've seen them in the uplink reports.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)