when playing recordings, audio loss after signal loss

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
I honestly can't remember if this has been posted before, but it certainly can't hurt to bring it up again if so...

For some time, maybe the current software version or maybe longer, a momentary loss of signal during a recording will often cause the receiver to fail to play any audio after the video has resumed. The audio is in fact recorded, and backing up carefully to just after the signal loss will make it start playing again, but I shouldn't need to do this. (In fact, the audio ought to be MUCH easier for the receiver to reconstruct than the video, so maybe it's just failing to sync it to the broken video? Just a guess of course.)

I see this sometimes on MSNBC ,but I don't think it is the same thing. It will go to commercial and when the show comes back I get no sound , but the video plays. So I turn off the a/v receiver and then back on , and now the show has sound again. This happens quite alot. I don't know if this is software related ,but I listen to Andrea Mitchell show around 11:00am ,when I am getting ready for work and this happens at least two or three times a week.

I have experienced the same thing. What I have noticed is that the problem seems to happen immediately after the locally inserted commercials air, regardless of channel. By locally inserted commercials, I mean the ones that Dish puts on your hard drive (all of them in SD) which play randomly throughout the day. Occasionally changing the channel on the Hopper will resolve the issue. Most of the time the only way to resolve it is to change inputs on the TV. It seems to be some sort of HDMI handshake issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts