When should I cancel Voom?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Kyrak

Original poster
May 18, 2004
Unfortunately I am moving cross country into an apt for about a year and will be leaving my theater and Voom behind. When is the best time to cancel? I think I remember reading that they don't pro rate anything when you cancel. My billing cycle ends on the 6th of each month. Does it go by the deinstall order time or when the dish is actually removed? i.e. do I need to set the deinstall up for the 5th?

Thanks,

Kyrak

Cancel date

If your moving out on the 5th, then you can call and cancel service now, just have the CSR make sure services are active until then. As far as cancel dates go, your account stays active until the equipment is picked up and the Work order is turned in by tech, then charges are prorated back to the cancel date. If your services run into the next billing cycle then you will be billed again, but those charges will be refunded back to you. Services are not disconnected, ie: no signal, unless the agent sends a hit to your box after the disconnect work order is created.

Oh ok, I didn't think they pro-rated after a cancellation for some reason. No hurry then. I am not moving until the third week of April, but would cancel early to avoid paying for a full month if it wasn't pro-rated.

Kyrak

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)