When will channels like WB and CBS be in HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The WB and CBS are already in HD....

You need to get an antenna so you can watch them though, which is a pretty simple task if you're not in a rural area, but putting you're zip code in a database that looks exactly the case. No digital signals reach you :(

So you'd be at the mercy of Dish adding the Nashville locals in HD via satellite which would probably take a couple years or more.

You could "pretend" that you live in New York put up a second satellite dish point at 61.5 and get CBS-HD from New York via dish, but WB in HD is not available out of market on either sat company right now.

BFG said:
The WB and CBS are already in HD....

You need to get an antenna so you can watch them though, which is a pretty simple task if you're not in a rural area ;)

Well, I get local channels on my 110 Sat. but, the shows that should be in HD are not. And I live in a really rural area (these days):no

My TV can handle a 1280 by 720 resolution. I have my 811 box set for 720p; does that make a difference? I see big squares (pixels) in SD alot of times

I'll start a thread on this

Since the only channel you get in 720p is ESPNHD you really should set your 811 to 1080i, because when the 811 is set to 720p it downconverts 1080i to 720p using it's scaler which is a POS, letting your TV do the scalling will yield much better results?

If you really want CBS and WB there are ways to get the signal directly from the network but it requires a C-band dish, a satellite pc card and a powerful pc, I only bring this up because usually rural folks have c-band dishes lying around ;)

BFG said:
Since the only channel you get in 720p is ESPNHD you really should set your 811 to 1080i, because when the 811 is set to 720p it downscales 180i to 720p using it's scaler which is a POS, letting your TV do the scalling will yield much better results?

If you really want CBS and WB there are ways to get the signal directly from the network but it requires a C-band dish, a satellite pc card and a powerful pc, I only bring this up because usually rural folks have c-band dishes lying around ;)

Technically I'd argue upscale since 1080i in p is 540p which means you're trying to add 180 extra lines that technically aren't there. I mean 720p in i would be 1440i.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts