When will Charlie come out of the Closet?

JoeSp

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 11, 2003
I keep reading about how everyone gets upset with Charlie and his chats because they are usually totally useless. I have a different view on these chats.

1st) These chats bring alot of people together here in the chat room. (When I get DSL this fall I will join in)

2nd) There are usually gifts won by members here participating in those chats. (I haven't won yet -- guess you really have to be in the chat room!)

3rd) Sometimes we are surprised by some actually good or progressive information (this does not usually happen)

4th) One of these times Charlie is going to again talk about his HD plans. (Not gonna happen until after the FCC approves the R1 sale)

5th) Who here does not love seeing Charlie squirm with a phone call from someone meantioning this site? (Or how about when someone reminds him of something he previously said -- I think I have seen his eyes pop!)

6th) Who here does not believe that one of these times the Charlie Chat camera is gonna melt trying to find the right person on the sidelines who actually does have an answer? (I like it when they go to someone specific and they say that they haven't a clue!!)

7th) I like it when Charlie says that they are adding new LIL's and his sidekick askes "Where is that?"

8th) One of these days they are actually going to have a guest on who is interesting (I hear the ex-prez (Clinton) is looking for a good paying gig where enuendos and false statements are not grounds for dismissal. Hey--maybe we could get Charlie and Bill to exchange places and see if we would know the differance!)

9th) One day in the very near future we will hear -- ' Dishnetwork has become the leader in HD!' -- (Wait a minute -- I think we have already heard that once -- please read #8)

10) Charlie opens the Chat with ' I am sorry but we have had to cancel the Bingo Channel because all the retirees moved to states that will not allow us to broadcast the Bingo Channel into their airwaves!!! We are replacing it with actual HD programing -- that's right the new and improved BINGO HD. Now everyone can see it!

Disclamer---- I actually like Charlie. He has a tough job and you do not see many owners of large companies open themselves up to calls from anyone. The FCC has not been nice to Charlie over the last three years and some of the plans he has announced have fallen thru. I believe that has made him very cautious but with an approval of the R1 sale and with the latest approval of sat. reasignments I believe that Charlie will once again step up to the plate and try to knock one out of the park. I just hope one day he does -- he is way overdue! :)

8th) The same could be said about our current president. Lets keep politics out of this shall we?

robotX said:
8th) The same could be said about our current president. Lets keep politics out of this shall we?

Just because Clinton is an ex-president does not make this a political statement. Unless you see Charlie running for some political office someday? Say, could I put Dan Rather in there? :D

robotX said:
Since his name was used in the context of someone making false statements, then the reference was appropriate and quite funny. If he were talking about a bumbling idiot, then it would have been appropriate to mention another President and it would have been equally funny. :)

>>Just because Clinton is an ex-president does not make this a political statement.

Nahhhhhhh! Of course not. What was I thinking? I apologize profusely, I completely misread your intentions. :rolleyes:

Is it really so hard just to talk about Dish related stuff?

riffjim4069 said:
Since his name was used in the context of someone making false statements, then the reference was appropriate and quite funny. If he were talking about a bumbling idiot, then it would have been appropriate to mention another President and it would have been equally funny. :)

:clap :clap

robotX said:

Good gravy.......

I didnt even think of political until you made it a point then I had to go back and read it again. :shocked

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts